Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,643 Posts
I know Federal primers are pretty soft, I'd give 'em a try first and see if light strikes continue.

If that won't work I guess you can place a washer or something similar under the recoil spring as a last resort. I'm not aware of anyone selling heavy springs for Tauus revolvers...

BTW: How often do you get misfires? Reloads? Any chance primers are seated a little high? I know my PT1911 will misfire if the primer isn't seated all the way :0 You can check by holding up 2 rounds to the light with headstamps touching. If you can see light in between coming thru you know primers aren't seated all the way. Just last week I had to re-do some cases I primed before, and they looked OK and didn't really feel hight to touch...

· Registered
2,643 Posts
Thanks guys, but I needed more hammer force to indent the primers to make an ignition.
If a primer is high it may not fire; first sprike (misfire) will seat the primer to where it should be, second strike will ignite it....

I also had to fire those test rounds one at a time in my cylinder, the lack of recoil kept pushing the primers back out of their case heads and binding the gun up against the flash-plate to the point the cylinder wouldn't rotate.
Do you mean primers came out a little after you fired them? :???: Hmm... I never tried that with a revolver, but I thought because there is no bullet, the gasses would freely escape down the barrel and the primer would stay in place.

I have to ask; are you sure the primers weren't high to begin with? Did you try my test?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.