Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Retail for a 60's-70's vintage somewhere in the $225 range for someone who wanted one, I would expect $150 maximum for trade-in.

The pictures were either too small for a great evaluation or too large to get a real good feel for the bluing or see if there was holster wear. I didn't see any holster wear and the grips looked pretty decent. Trigger has some wear on the brass plating, I don't think the striations on the cylinder in the older Taurus models have any collectors value. The bull was the original polled (hornless bull).

Should be a great revolver though.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think you should call Taurus hope you have time staying on hold lol but they should give you a better idea but I seen them sell for around 500 on some sites. Or your local gun shop can give you a quote if he wants to buy it for 200 he's is probably trying to sell it for 500 thats a good way to no the value but I think if you want or need the money if you get offered 250 jump on it.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Reactions: bgunderson

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Retail for a 60's-70's vintage somewhere in the $225 range for someone who wanted one, I would expect $150 maximum for trade-in.

The pictures were either too small for a great evaluation or too large to get a real good feel for the bluing or see if there was holster wear. I didn't see any holster wear and the grips looked pretty decent. Trigger has some wear on the brass plating, I don't think the striations on the cylinder in the older Taurus models have any collectors value. The bull was the original polled (hornless bull).

Should be a great revolver though.

Black Text Font Yellow Mode of transport
I have to agree with Jake, retail $225.00 to $250.00, trade-in maybe $150.00, around here anyway....

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
Normally I'd say $250 tops to the right person. The way things are today.....who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.