Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been looking and looking and I'd like some opinions on an IWB holster for my glock 26. I'm looking for something thats as concealable as possible. I've used the searched and looked at all the websites but I'd like some advice on what you all have experienced.
Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Another vote for Crossbreed holsters. I have 2 of them, i carry a Taurus PT140 in one and a Kimber 1911 in another. Both very comfortable for everyday all day wear. They conceal very well under a loose shirt or T.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I use a really really cheap uncle henry (15.00) holster purchased from Sportsman's Warehouse. I don't usually carry IWB, as it's never been comfortable for me unless I am always standing and not sitting down.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may check out the cross breed holster but it seems as though its pretty wide. I ordered one from another vendor here and although it was good quality I really didnt like it. Was way to bullky to the point where you couldnt even conceal the holster alone.
I'm thinking of this
http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/pro...d=102&osCsid=d7d3916ab838eb64637716922255ff70

or

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=50

or

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=61

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes it is a little wide to look at, but remember once it is on it curves to fit your body which is one of the reasons why it is so comfortable for all day wear.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a quick question. I'm assuming the kydex style holsters are more concealable than say for example the nylon or leather pouch type.
Thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
bugs said:
Just a quick question. I'm assuming the kydex style holsters are more concealable than say for example the nylon or leather pouch type.
Thanks
Ok Kydex is hard molded some form of polymar or plastic. Unless leather backed, it does not mold to anything. It just sits there.

Leather, still molded but a little softer, depending on the leather very moldible, will keep it shape with either plastic or metal sewn in supports at the opening. Not bad without the support either depending.

Nylon or man made, soft very NOT moldible. Works good IWB, and Pocket in my opinion. Do not like them for OWB, they do not stay open if you draw unless reinforced with plastic or metal at the top of the holster.

All have various ways to fasten to belt, pants, or pocket.

They all conceal, some better than others IMHO.

·
Administrator
41,721 Posts
James41 said:
Yes it is a little wide to look at, but remember once it is on it curves to fit your body which is one of the reasons why it is so comfortable for all day wear.
Precisely. Same reason I use the DeSantis holster I use. Looks odd, but does so for a reason. :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased a Minotaur IWB (Kydex & leather. ) three weeks ago for my G19. I'm 6'2" & 225 lbs. This is the only IWB I have found comfortable. After two days I fogot it was there. The only time I might have to adjust it a little is when I put on my seatbelt. I wear it at @ 3:30.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I understand the differences but what I'm wondering I guess is on the size of the material. Comparing a kydex to a leather holster. Or is it that kydex is stronger but less comfortable and they are both about the same size.
So the hybrid holsters are kydex up front and leather backed. I now understand why that is more comfortable. I guess my next question is which is more concealable a kydex alone like the one posted in my link below or a cross breed holster.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
bugs said:
I understand the differences but what I'm wondering I guess is on the size of the material. Comparing a kydex to a leather holster. Or is it that kydex is stronger but less comfortable and they are both about the same size.
So the hybrid holsters are kydex up front and leather backed. I now understand why that is more comfortable. I guess my next question is which is more concealable a kydex alone like the one posted in my link below or a cross breed holster.
First, let me address the width of the crossbreed. This is one of the main reasons that I wanted this holster. With such a wide space between the clips, it will not move or change the angle of the gun. This also allows for the leather to shape to your hip.

In my opinion, unless the kydex holster is molded from one piece of kydex (like these) it is too bulky. It is also pretty uncomfortable. With the hybrid holster, like the Crossbreed, you get the rigidity of the kydex and the comfort of leather. Like Robby said the leather takes on the curves and shape of your hip. It might take a day or two of constant wearing, but it shape itself.

I was told by more than one person that finding the right holster will take time and money. That it's mostly a trial and error process. My Crossbreed is only the second concealable holster I've bought (the only one for this particular gun) and I have not had a minute's regret about my purchase. If I ever need another holster, and they make one for that gun, I'll buy another Crossbreed in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the input. I think I will try a cheaper alternative Desantis holster first since its cheapest and may fit my needs. Its also quickest to order. If that doesnt fit my needs I think I'll try out a cross breed style holster.
Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just ordered a cheaper pocket holster to try that out and if not I'm going to order either a crossbreed or comtac. The only issue I have with crossbreed is the availability to change the cant.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You can change the cant of the Crossbreed a little. The holster is made with 4 holes on each side. The clips are attached to these holes with a screw. You can offset the clips to adjust the cant. Granted, you won't get a lot of change but it does help some.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.