Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im kinda new here,

I have owned Taurus' over the years, started off with a 24/7 pro in 9mm, first Carry Gun actually
Second was a Taurus OSS is 45 acp. Both were great and i should have kept the OSS. But now im kind of torn as far as which gun to get. I am looking at a PT845 and PT 1911. I have been hunting for a 1911 with a rail for some time and the PT im looking at has one.

So my question, is if you had both in front of you, which one would you choose?

Thanks

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Is this firearm going to be pulling bedside duty most of the time or will it be tagging along with you? That would be the determining factor for me. Carrying a full size 1911 is doable but it's not for everyone. I'd rather have the 845 if it was going to be filling both roles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as Duty, It probably wont be a carry item, mostly range and when out hunting. I have a carry gun i just got done building for that. This gun will spend most of its time at the bedside and home defense role rather than carry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and thats kinda what i been leaning towards. just needed a little extra advice, seeing as how my 3rd weapon choice was a beretta 92A1,

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Pt 1911

·
Registered
27,633 Posts
If you're looking at the Beretta 92, look at the Taurus PT-92.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
1911 would get my vote.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok well i obviously came to the right place to ask a question :D, as far as the PT 92, I have yet to find one anywhere in my town. I can have one ordered but cant find one to grab onto. At this point i can see that leaning towards the 1911 was the right choice. Especially since mods can be made to these series pistols as well. I think ill pick the PT1911 with a rail and just for kickers a nice TLR light :shooter::shooter:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Pt-1911!

·
Registered
15,147 Posts
Kinda hard to argue with a hundred year old design that was just picked up again by the marines and Special forces because it did the job right the first time. Though I have nothing against the 845, I also have nothing but love for the 1911. Parts are easy to get, you can modify the bejesus out of it and well, for hunting, every inch of barrel length give you more accuracy at distance. The PT845 has a 4.2" barrel, the PT1911 has a 5" barrel and if you want to get insane, I'm sure with addons, etc, getting 7+" out of a 1911 barrel distance will do what you need it to.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
As far as Duty, It probably wont be a carry item, mostly range and when out hunting. I have a carry gun i just got done building for that. This gun will spend most of its time at the bedside and home defense role rather than carry.
well Then Alex I will go off the board and say EAA Witness Hunter Model, and while i am at it i will go for the 10MM instead of the wimpy 45 acp.
But the gun is made in 45 acp i do believe!
Eaa witness hunter, 6 inch barrel, single action that breaks like a glass rod, frame drilled and tapped for optics, fully adjustable sights, hand assembled, stacked magazine (read multiple rounds) under 9 bills.
why 450 ft lbs of energy when you can get 800 plus and you ain't gonna tote it around all day.?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I have a 24/7 OSS in 45 and that was my favorite gun - until I got a PT1911! You should have kept your OSS, and you already know that. Do the right thing and get the PT1911. It will make you forget about getting rid of the OSS - for the most part. You will be happy on the first trigger pull shooting live ammo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My CC is the S&W three inch 45, but I have my eye on a 38 super in 3.6" from Wilson Combat.
I'm getting older and the 45 is beginning to be too much for me to shoot comfortably.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Same question but in 9mm, LGS has 9mm OSS and 9mm PT1911, it's going to be shooting game gun for my son. 1911 is $60 more, already have 4 mags that will fit the OSS. Lots of 9mm brass, bullets etc... so staying in 9mm for now.

·
Registered
478 Posts
1911, no question.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts