Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Its not the cylinder it the grips. If you try it without grips on it should clear easily. Early grips, from all companies I think, seem to have this issue. Replacing the grips should fix the issue. Or you could use speedstrips but they aren't as quick.

As I take another look at your pics, the grips appear to be relieved for speedloaders. Have you tried inserting the speedloader at a slight angle away from the frame? You might have to rotate the cylinder a little to get it to line up properly. I just checked my M85 and I use a slight tilt which is why I bring it up.

Steelheart

·
Super Moderator
35,697 Posts
Two things, but mainly the grips, I think, will cure your problems. Check out my M85UL with its stock boot grip. It's relieved and a speed loader just falls into place. I use the Safariland Comp 1.

Also, on some revolvers, notably the Rossi M88 I had, I've had to file away part of the cylinder release knob, what you push with your hand to release the cylinder, to get the speed loader to go in. However, I think just grips on the 85 will solve your problem. If the cylinder release has clearance problems, you could also just buy one of the newer releases as they are made with speedloaders in mind. They have a different, rather sleek appearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts