Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i am getting a new conceal carry soon and i have heard many mixed reviews on both the 24/7 G2 Compact .40 Cal and the PT140 Millennium Pro .40 cal. What do you guys think? Should i go with the 24/7 G2 or the PT140? i have found both of them within $20 of each other so money isnt the issue, reliability and quality is what i am looking for. I have had the PT92 for 8 years and have ran over 25,000 rounds through it never replacing a thing and i want something that i know will be just as good quality and reliability wise. Any advise on what you have had problems on the 24/7 G2 compact or the PT140? Which would you suggest? Thank you for all of your help and god bless :)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I've not owned any of the G2 24/7s, but I have owned two Millennium Pros, and they are both as reliable as the day I bought them.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Ok so i am getting a new conceal carry soon and i have heard many mixed reviews on both the 24/7 G2 Compact .40 Cal and the PT140 Millennium Pro .40 cal. What do you guys think? Should i go with the 24/7 G2 or the PT140? i have found both of them within $20 of each other so money isnt the issue, reliability and quality is what i am looking for. I have had the PT92 for 8 years and have ran over 25,000 rounds through it never replacing a thing and i want something that i know will be just as good quality and reliability wise. Any advise on what you have had problems on the 24/7 G2 compact or the PT140? Which would you suggest? Thank you for all of your help and god bless :)
First, an observation... if you still have the PT92 and if it is your only other handgun (that's all that you mentioned), might I suggest that you stick with the 9mm caliber. Much simpler and cheaper to only keep track of one size ammo (FMJs for range and JHPs for SD). If you want more stopping power then go up to 45 ACP, and then you can get a sweet PT1911 too. :D

I don't have any experience with the PT140, but I have the 24/7G2C45. The 24/7G2 has full ambi controls, if that is important to you. I was torn between the 800 and the G2 series, because I want full ambi controls, and found a good deal on the G2. I'm actually on my second 24/7, and will be sending this one on a Miami vacation next week, but I think I've just been 'lucky'. My first broke a slide rail tab off the frame at about 500 rounds. On the last range trip I had all kinds of issues (FTF / FTE, slide wouldn't lock back), but apparently they were due to the slide running on only 3 rails. From the date I sent it in for repair, Taurus had the replacement at my FFL in 3 weeks ;). On my second one now, and at around 200 rounds the trigger began to randomly reset from SA to DA. With a few hundred more rounds through, it has gone from random, to almost always. I'll be calling CS on Monday, if they're open. Overall, I think the 24/7G2 is an excellent gun, but maybe having the new model bugs right now. Hope this helps, and please keep us posted on your choice. I'll let ya'll know how it goes with CS on this one also. Wishing all a Blessed and Prosperous Happy New Year!!!

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
PT140 here, day in day out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I hate adding more for someone to think on, but I've got one of the (now discontinued) 24/7 Pro C DS's. It's reliable, easy to shoot, comfortable, and accurate. You may be able to find one of those hanging around somewhere. Trigger's a lot better (in my opinion, wife disagrees) than the Mil Pro. That said, she has a Mil Pro, loves it, and we've never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I haven't had a 24/7 G2 but I can highly recommend the PT140. I think the MilPro's are unique as they have the smallest grip of any double-stack semi auto. The grip is very slender for a 10+1 .40 and there is no rail, which aids in concealment, IMO. I think it is gun which has no peers in the market, and it is a fun to shoot, accurate gun.

·
Registered
258 Posts
PT 140 Mil Pro. It is the closest match to the old 24/7 Pro CDS. The G2 is fairly new and there tend to be glicks in any new production machinery, cars are another good example of this.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Love my 24/7 G2 40 I have about 2500 rounds through it and the only problems I had were during initial break in the first few hundred rounds. I had a couple FTF, 1 stove pipe I believe it was a limp wrist problem and a couple FTE but that was with that evil steel case ammo. Have had no issues since. BTW the FTF were because of my mags I tweaked them and never had another since.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Don't have g2 but am totally sold on my 45 milpro.

·
Registered
52 Posts
CDNNinvestments has the 24/7 pro c ds in both 9mm and .40 for $299. They also have the PT140 for $319. Hard to beat those prices. I don't know what the g2 is going for, but i'd be surprised if you could find it close to those two. If the ambidextrous controls are important to you go for the g2, otherwise I'd seriously consider the mil pro or 24/7 pro c. I've heard good things about the g2, but I LOVE my 24/7 pro c ds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts