Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I have a friends PT145 and was cleaning it up and trying to determine why he was having failure to feed issues. I haven't been able to find any diagrams or even pics of a millennium like this. I disassembled the slide carefully and took a few pics. While examining the firing pins and springs I noticed a small metal piece (mystery part) on my work table. I have no idea where it came from and I am assuming it is part of the slide assembly. Anyone able to help out identifying this part and in locating a diagram for this pistol?
slide

mystery part beside take down pin

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome! I have looked at both of those. I actually looked at that manual twice before thinking I missed something the first time. I have looked on youtube and at the different generations and can't seem to find another one like this...I'm sure someone on here has one like this and will chime in eventually. Thanks for the help!

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I have looked at both of those. I actually looked at that manual twice before thinking I missed something the first time. I have looked on youtube and at the different generations and can't seem to find another one like this...I'm sure someone on here has one like this and will chime in eventually. Thanks for the help!
That is a PT145 Millennium, not a PRO.......
DAO only, and as for what that part is I can't tell you, but that is a first generation.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are there any Millennium armourers or Taurus armourers on here that are familiar with this gun? The grip looks to be a Gen2 due to the texture on the sides of the grip. All the pics I have seen of the Gen1 only have the texture on the front and back strap. Also, the way the firing pin/striker mechanism is different than any of the diagrams I can find. I hate not being able to figure things out and this one has me stumped!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts