Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase my first pistol. I was looking at the 24/7 Pro .40 Compact. I like the feel of the gun and I was not excited about a 9mm so I was looking at the 40. I have read a lot of people bashing the Taurus and I wanted an honest oppinion about this firearm. Has there been any issues with the .40 Pro that would prevent you from purchasing this firearm.? Lastly my local firearms dealer has this piece currently for sale for $309 (nib). Is this a good buy at this price?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a the 24/7 in a 40 cal not compact. The only problem I had was the recoil retention spring snapping. they replaced it in about 2 weeks no problems since.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I purchased the 24/7 Pro. C and I love it. I went to the range today and blew thru 200 rounds at 10 yards. It shot great, not a single hicup the entire day. The trigger was a little different and by the end of the day I was use to it. Great feel and smoothe action. At first I was overtightening my grip and was shooting low and to the right but gradually was able to get into the groove and was hitting 3" groupings. Easy disassembly and easy to clean. Could not have asked for anything beter in my first handgun. I have always shot my buddy's Glock 9mm, and now I am convinced that I purchased the supperior firearm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I purchased the 24/7 9mm compact. I know it is not the 40, but this one that i now own shots well. no hiccup as well. I went thru 130 rounds. My SWAT buddy shot it also and state how well and straight it shots.
So, I would go for the 24/7.
BTW, 9mm hollowpoint and 40cal hollowpoint, does not matter. shot a couple center mass, you will be ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts