Super Moderator
37,221 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Is that sight better than the stock Taurus?
If you want adjustable, YES. Basically, you turn your PT92 into a PT99. I have used on several, and added a little yellow paint on the rear fins to help focus.

·
Super Moderator
37,221 Posts

I have an LPA adjustable on my EAA Witness Compact 45 as it was shooting way low from POA with the stock fixed sight. Works well!

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
LPA makes a very good sight.
I have them on several weapons, both fixed version nd adjustable versions.
well made, durable and stays set once its adjusted, even under 10 MM recoils.

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
I have an LPA adjustable on my EAA Witness Compact 45 as it was shooting way low from POA with the stock fixed sight. Works well!
yea well they are JUST ALRIGHT on my EAA Witness------

Attachments

Reactions: TonyC2639

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
I took measurements of the dovetail, it would appear that the CZ-75B rear sight might be a match too. The measurements I took are virtually identical to measurements of the CZ sight I found on another board.

Larry

http://www.bobclevenger.com/CZ-75B_rear_sight.jpg
well IF that will work then it makes things really easy!
they are abundantly available from CZ-USA or Cajun Gun Works, or any number of aftermarket places make them. should be able to get Fiber optic, Tritium, Phosph paint or regular old white dots as well.
just be aware that CZ makes several height sights for their weapons but most come with a pretty standard height unless CZ has accuracy problems when they test fire the weapons.

·
Super Moderator
37,221 Posts
Very nice alternative. I wonder if this could be the answer to the vexing PT99 rear sight issue?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice alternative. I wonder if this could be the answer to the vexing PT99 rear sight issue?
I don't think so -- it mounts to the dovetail, with an optional stabilizing screw forward. They would have to engineer some way to attach the mount using screws only. Whatever they came up would need to avoid interfering with the firing pin block.

Larry

PS: If you need to repair a PT-99 sight, see my thread on the subject: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...aurus-pt-99-rear-sight-blade-replacement.html.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts