Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering one of these but would like to know if $250 is a decent price. The seller claims the gun is LNIB with only 6 rounds shot out of it. I own a Taurus 85 and a Taurus 689 but have never held a Rossi in my hand. From the photos it looks pretty good but once I see it first hand, I know enough about revolvers to tell if he’s BS-ing me. Just not sure of the price.

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
The best price there has been on this revolver has been at Academy for Black Friday and one time since then for $229.95 + tax, which in Texas is another $40.

I shot a friends 46103 and it shot great.

The regular price is $299.99 plus you get to pick up a gun not registered in your name. Well worth the $250

·
32,612 Posts
Realize that this is the older technology like S&W clone. There is a hammer block rather than a transfer bar system and the hammer is on the firing pin. Nothing wrong with the old technology as it works well and the firing pin cannot contact the primer on a cartridge with the hammer at rest. There's a rebounding firing pin also.

I've got a model 462 that shoots fine and has not had any troubles. Granted, I shoot mostly .38 Specials, +P or standard through it more than magnum ammo.

That 6th shot is a comfort.
Speedloaders are made that fit the 461/462 series. There are Bianchi Speedstrips or Tuff Products ammo strips to carry spare ammo with.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys. I picked it up this afternoon and it looks great. I can see that the gun still has grease oozing out in places so a good cleaning is in order. Now the fun part awaits me because I'll be taking out to the range tomorrow to see how well she performs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts