Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my pt 92 I got what apppears to be a gouge behind where the takedown latch locks in not sure what to do about it, if anything at all 0617131939a.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had it about 2 or 3 months now I just don't want rust to develop you know. I clean it after every range trip

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Barely noticable and unless im mistaken the metal is the same inside and out. Personally I wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
It took me a minute to find it in the pic. Like I said, I personally wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Please do not be offended, as I do not mean this to be offensive, but on many SA pistols a scratch or gouge by the take-down lever is called an "idiot scratch". It is from improperly removing or turning the take-down lever.

On a 1911:
Takedown scratch

On an XD9:
Scratch on XD9 - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

On rifles and pistols:
The idiot scratch.. - The Firing Line Forums

On a Ruger:
Takedown Pin Removal
How could that not be offensive? lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know how I would've done it incorrectly its pretty simple on the pt 92 push the button on one side and push down on latch correct?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's what I thought. I read them links and it seems they are talking about scratching the slide my scratch is on the frame does that still make me a idiot lol probably huh. O well iam very new to handguns

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Idiot scratch or idiot scratches...either way I'm covered.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
There really is no way to Idiot Scratch with the take down slide removal on a PT92 series pistol. Well maybe if your not paying attention and holding a screwdriver at the same time.

My view on the matter is that the pistol comes with a warranty which is for the Lifetime of the Pistol, however this does not cover the appearance of the pistol for that same period of time. If it bothers you, and I can see how it could since you paid for a new, perfect pistol, then call Taurus Customer Service and see if they won't replace it for you. I would also get them to pay shipping both ways.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Might as well call customer service and explore your options....the phone call is free. But then so is procrastination....LOL!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts