Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t had a chance to fire my new PT1911 yet (It was raining all day yesterday, will be at the range tomorrow) ;) But I’ve played with the gun enough to notice that I don’t like feel of front strap shape/checkering that much; I prefer smooth grips and PT1911’s front strap is more of a square shape or at least not as round as on some other 1911, feels kinda sharp... :-\

I want to try new grips; I prefer panels but wraparound grips would fix the ‘problem’ for me. Hogue rubber would probably be too big. What are those wood/rubber grips called? Parchimer? What else is available?

Btw anyone else feels the same? What did you do?

Other than that love the gun 8)

·
Administrator
35,121 Posts
They are called Pachmayr grips, and I've always thought they were way cool. Here is a pic of some wood/rubber wraparound grips from the gallery:

Thanks to 45forever for the pic.....when I get a 1911 this is the look I'm going for......

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Some will have to help with names but there is a rubber finger wrap to holds to what ever grips you have already chosen. The price is about $10 and the wraps over the grip screw bushing.

Pearce Rubber Finger Groove Insert Grip 1911 Government, Commander Black
This is a rubber front strap with finger grooves that may be added to your existing 1911 Government, Commander grip panels for added comfort and control. Black.

Houge grips with finger inserts... these can be purchased from $15 in rubber or $95 in wood style. Remember that you will need to carefully check (and then adjust) the fit for the safety.

Do a search on www.midwayusa.com for 1911 rubber grip insert which will show up with about 185 responses... just be patient and you will triumph.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Cimaron!

I think that Pearce Rubber Finger Groove Inser is exactly what I need; that way I can have wraparoud grips AND any pannels I want. (I've been wanting Alumagrips)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Besure to check clearance for the right side safety tab... most don't match from the factory... however the Peace may provide you wilth the clearance you are needing. Actually Ive been through most options and decide I actually liked the checkering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts