Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a PT145. I've read some info here and I want to double check the general info. of this gun.

I've read Taurus' website and the general info. is poor.

It doesn't show or tell you that this gun comes in stainless steel. I've seen one at my local gun store. I want to make sure they still make the SS version and the one they have isn't old. It does have a Z, second in the serial number.

The trigger action on the website says it is DA/SA. I thought from reading here that it is a SA/DA. It is SA and if you have a misfire it goes into DA.

Will I have a choice of DAO?

What all comes with the gun when you buy it? How many mags? Hard case? Brush? ect.
The website doesn't say.

I can't think of anything else but if there are things I need to know feel free to fill me in.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maverick,

1 - PT-145 is still made in stainless.

2 - I'm almost certain that the "Z" indicates a 3rd generation pistol (latest version).

3 - Action is single action/double action. The double action only comes into play if you have a misfire and need to restrike a round.

4 - The pistol comes with two magazines; brush; hard case; magazine loader and "keys" for using the Taurus locking system.

My PT-145 was great until I attempted to feed it JHPs (several hundred rounds of FMJ). It would not reliably feed any of the various brands of JHPs I attempted. I have sent my pistol back to Taurus . . . hopefully there will be a good resolution . . . I like the pistol and want it to work for CC.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine is serial number NZL666xx, and came as described above... mine has so far digested 200 rounds of CCI Blazer 200 grain JHPs without a single bobble.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine is exactly the same as the above pistol and came with all accessories listed by Florida Cracker, also "Z" serial number.

So far 1200ish rounds with two FTE due to an inexperienced shooter (limpwristing friend of mine), have shot 250 rds+ (live fire CCW class) in one sitting with no cleaning and no resulting function issues, all with cheap ass Blazer Brass to boot. Nice feeling to have the snob next to me with the high $$ Kimber realize my $294 Taurus was kicking his ass.

I have had no issues with JHP's of about 6 different flavors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Best dang gun for the money. I've got the SS and in 450rds without a failure I've cleaned it once. Like the Energizer Bunny, Justs keeps going, and going, and going.......

·
Registered
790 Posts
No problems with FMJ, have yet to test with various JHP in quantity. In my opinion, the PT145 is the best buy on the market for a compact polymer .45 ACP. For $300 and some change, this gun will give you years of good service. And of course, the Taurus Lifetime Warranty assures you anything wrong will be fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts