Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have decided that my new carry gun is going to be a Taurus Millennium Pro 3rd Gen. However I can't decide which to buy, either the PT140SSP or the PT145SSP. You thoughts and input on this subject will greatly help with my decision.

thanks for any and all replyies.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I really like my PT145SS Mil Pro, first .45 I ever owned too. I have no experience with .40 so I can't give any input there, but I can say that the recoil is soooooo much less that I expected in a .45 this small.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have both. Love them both. I tend to lean toward the .45 I just like that big ol bullet coming out of that little gun. 10+1 is hard to beat. My PT145 is DAO 2nd generation. I love that feture. DA/SA on the 40.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Do you own any other guns in either caliber? I feel its easier to limit my normal usage calibers to just a few. That way I'm more likely to have ammo around if I want to go shooting on the spur of the moment or something serious happens.

This would not include guns/calibers kept around for fun.

Steelheart

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome!

I have the PT140 MilPro SS and the PT111 MilPro SS both 2nd gen DAO and I just picked up my new 3rd gen SA/DA PT145Pro SS yesterday. I can only tell you how happy I am with the PT111 and the PT140's performance. I love everything about these pistols that's why I got the PT145. I have not had the chance to shoot it yet but I can tell that the PT145 may soon become my primary CCW weapon! ;D

Which ever pistol you decide to buy...it's a win win situation! Can't go wrong with either gun IMO!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked up the 3G PT145SS and let me tell you "I LIKE IT". Rides great in my Don Hume IWB holster and there's something very comforting a 10+1 rounds of 230gr. on your hip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You should handle both before making a choice. The grips on the .45 are larger than the grips on the .40.
One may fit your hand better than the other.

As far as caliber goes, that's a personal choice. I for one think either is a good caliber.

Dallas Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts