Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across a beautiful Ruger SP101 3 inch revolver. Feels great in the hand, would look great on my belt. The only drawback, and I'm not sure it's a drawback, is the caliber, .327 Federal Magnum. Folks, educate me. Do I want this caliber? Is it worth setting up dies in it for reloading?

Thanks!

·
23,101 Posts
A little less common than many calibers, but those who have it seem to think that it's only slightly less enjoyable than oxygen. I'd go for it if it's calling to you.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Many of our members love the .327! It may be a bit of a rare caliber but it has a soft recoil for such a hard hitting punch. And the .327 seems to bring a premium price for a handgun. What is the asking price?

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I bought that exact revolver for my wife, it is a pussy cat with .32 H&R mags or even milder .32 S&W makes for .22 like recoil. Loaded with the .327 federal it packs a punch with one more round and less recoil than the same pistol in .357. I love it.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been wanting a 327 for years, but I don't reload, and don't intend to start now. I'd be all over it if I reloaded. I already bought a 41 mag, like I needed that.

·
Registered
901 Posts
If I was a reloader, I'd be all in. Go for it Fredward.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I'd want it.

I like the idea of having that 6th round in a compact revolver. And, as previously mentioned, there's the versatility of being able to not only load .327FM, but also .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, and .32 H&R Magnum. .327FM ballistics are pretty dang impressive for an 8mm class revolver cartridge.

Buy it. And some dies.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I have a 4.2" SP-101 in 327. Great gun. My favorite revolver caliber is 32 since that's what I started with in 1956. The 327 is very versatile in it's own right; it can be loaded from mild to wild; and then there is the 32 H&R Magnum, 32 S&W Long and 32 S&W. You are covered for any shooting endeavor from basement target to hunting game. You won't be disappointed. And it is simple to cast and hand load for.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I have a Charter Arms in .327. still have and it is not going anywhere!!!!

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I have a Charter Arms in .327. still have and it is not going anywhere!!!!
Is yours the 2.2" or 4"?
I've lusted after the 2.2" Patriot .327, just haven't found one locally for what I consider a good deal.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
I ran across a beautiful Ruger SP101 3 inch revolver. Feels great in the hand, would look great on my belt. The only drawback, and I'm not sure it's a drawback, is the caliber, .327 Federal Magnum. Folks, educate me. Do I want this caliber? Is it worth setting up dies in it for reloading?

Thanks!
MY Opinion??
one of the BEST modern developed pistol calibers around!
if you reload that's even better.

Reactions: bubblehead

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Is yours the 2.2" or 4"?
I've lusted after the 2.2" Patriot .327, just haven't found one locally for what I consider a good deal.
4", still have not finished shining it up completely but almost there!;)

Reactions: Doctordeere

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I have had .327's in 2, 3, and 4 inch barrels. I love them all. I also have a Henry 327 lever.

I had a 3" SP101 and it was a great pistol. I sold it to purchase the 4.2 inch SP101. They were typically $550 new so the seller is asking a good price.

Like a good enabler I say do it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Go for it before I start wanting one reading all of these Enabling statements

1 - 20 of 25 Posts