Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a friend who just bought two brand new with box and papers taurus pt111 g2 stainless, he wants to trade me one of them to my gun and the stuff i have with my gun. i have a blued ruger service six 357 magnum 1985 model, i have been carrying it and it is my ccw, however i have been thinking of trading it or selling it to get a easier carry weapon. he wants to trade the new taurus even to all my stuff which i think is not a good deal. i have all the spare parts internal and external for the gun including the cylinder and crane, as well as a desantis owb holster and a pro carry hd iwb holster. here is the pic of my gun and stuff, since i do not know about taurus very well and they're autos i know nothing about, i was hoping someone could tell me what you would if you were in my place? thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I don't know what ones like yours are going for, but from the prices I've been seeing on the G2's I don't think this is a good deal. Plus you've got history with this gun. JMO

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what ones like yours are going for, but from the prices I've been seeing on the G2's I don't think this is a good deal. Plus you've got history with this gun. JMO
i love this gun, its just a little bigger than i would like for ccw. i open carry in the woods so its great, i was thinking that i was giving up too much.

·
Registered
24,543 Posts
Don't do a trade unless you can get a lot of bucks with it

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Absolutely not, don't do it unless your "friend" is putting in some
money also..........

·
Registered
558 Posts
i have a friend who just bought two brand new with box and papers taurus pt111 g2 stainless, he wants to trade me one of them to my gun and the stuff i have with my gun. i have a blued ruger service six 357 magnum 1985 model, i have been carrying it and it is my ccw, however i have been thinking of trading it or selling it to get a easier carry weapon. he wants to trade the new taurus even to all my stuff which i think is not a good deal. i have all the spare parts internal and external for the gun including the cylinder and crane, as well as a desantis owb holster and a pro carry hd iwb holster. here is the pic of my gun and stuff, since i do not know about taurus very well and they're autos i know nothing about, i was hoping someone could tell me what you would if you were in my place? thanks for any help.
Just my opinion, but not even close. You could probably sell the holsters and spare parts for enough to buy a PT111. Haven't you noticed they are going cheap these days?

·
Super Moderator
35,718 Posts
Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think everyone here is spoiled by the 199 deals alot got. We are basing our PT111's off this great price. I paid 211 for my SS PT11's. Why don't you keep yours and just look for the 199 deal and buy one new?

·
Super Moderator
35,718 Posts
I'd love to have a Ruger like that...I would cherish it!

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bad trade!
I'll give you a G2 AND a box of ammo for that set-up! LOL.
Seriously, I would try to hold on to what you have and ADD a G2.
I see your current set-up as a definite keeper!

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I concur, do not make that trade.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
If they were serious, they would have come with more than about $300 worth of gun and accessories. The 111 G2 was as low as $199 in the not so distant past, so just knowing that is enough to pass on the deal.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Okay, here's how I see it: If you have something you don't really want or use, and he has something you are just dying to have and will use a lot - then yeah, itb would be great deal.
The actual dollar to dollar amount doesn't matter. Money wise, you both can't come out on top.

Now having said that, you could take that .357 mag, sell it at a loss at a pawn shop and still have money left over after buying a brand new 111 at almost any gun shop.

I'd say set aside $30 a week and you can but a brand new PT-111 in 4 or 5 weeks without losing the .357.

My opinion ( which is just that- an opinion ) is that this is a bad deal.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, here's how I see it: If you have something you don't really want or use, and he has something you are just dying to have and will use a lot - then yeah, itb would be great deal.
The actual dollar to dollar amount doesn't matter. Money wise, you both can't come out on top.

Now having said that, you could take that .357 mag, sell it at a loss at a pawn shop and still have money left over after buying a brand new 111 at almost any gun shop.

I'd say set aside $30 a week and you can but a brand new PT-111 in 4 or 5 weeks without losing the .357.

My opinion ( which is just that- an opinion ) is that this is a bad deal.
money wise i don't have a lot in my gun. i found a guy last april wanting to get into turkey hunting and i got him down to $150 on the gun. the other items i have about $150 in them as well, but i have been offered $300 just for the gun alone. so i think i will save and get one unless he can come up with some money. i'll need a holster with the g2 so, i thank everyone for your help. i didn't know they were going for such a low price. are mags available for them or is it hard to find them? thanks again

·
Registered
538 Posts
Keep the Ruger. The only way I would do that trade is if $350.00 plus the PT-111 G2 was offered.

Reactions: Czechbikr
1 - 20 of 29 Posts