Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned it right out of the box before going out to the range. Take down was very easy. Slide removed with no problems. Took it out to the range and put 80 rounds thru it. When I tried to remove slide for cleaning it did not want to slide out. I had to hit it several time with the palm of my hand to remove it. Even after cleaning and oiling the slide is very hard to remove. Is this a common problem ???? And is there anything I can do About it.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Cleaned it right out of the box before going out to the range. Take down was very easy. Slide removed with no problems. Took it out to the range and put 80 rounds thru it. When I tried to remove slide for cleaning it did not want to slide out. I had to hit it several time with the palm of my hand to remove it. Even after cleaning and oiling the slide is very hard to remove. Is this a common problem ???? And is there anything I can do About it.
Take it apart and look for metal dust, small flakes and shavings especially on the rails on the frame. Run your finger inside the slide along the bearing surfaces and check for sharp edges. These you will need to polish down with a wire wheel on a Dremel tool or do a little fine grinding with a fine grit wheel on your Dremel Tool. Burrs develop (they shouldn't) and you may need to send the gun back for proper fitting and repair.

Reactions: Papa97
1 - 2 of 2 Posts