Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I bought a 3rd Gen. PT145 back in May 2007. I have put approx 200 rounds through the gun (sorry, I don't get out much :(). I absolutly love it, except for one problem. Sometimes while I am shooting the slide stays open like if the mag is empty, but it is not. Sometimes I can just hit the slide release and it will close, but other times I have to drop the mag for the slide to close. I don't know if I just need to continue to break it in or not? It happens with both mags, but not every time.

The gun is more accurate than me, and it fits oh so perfect. I just want it to be a little more reliable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does it with both mags. I thought that maybe it was my thumb bumping the slide lock lever, so I positioned my thumbs down, so they would not interfear, I had a buddy watch, and he confirmed that I wasn't bumping it. I thought it was wierd though, that I could remove the mag when it stays open during shooting, and the slide will close?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.