Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gud day!

im from the philippines! i have my PT24/7 for almost 6 mos and im new with guns. i have fired about 250 rounds with it. my problem is, everytime i pulled the slide the bullet failed to eject. it failed with or without the magazine. is this what they call failure to eject (FTE) with guns? or the bullets go fall inside the handle. will somebody tell me whats really happening and give advise what to do with this problem? thanks

·
Administrator
17,914 Posts
Are we talking about Failure To Eject here during normal Firing operation or Failure To Eject during manual unloading operation? If the latter, then maybe you're not pulling the slide back far enough and with enough vigor to eject a loaded Cartridge.

Failure To Eject during normal Firing operation
Are you using Factory Ammunition or Mouse Power Bullseye Reloads? If the latter, retry shooting with fresh Factory Ammunition. Also, did you buy this Pistol New or Used? If used, it's previous owner may have messed with it.

With the slide retracted and locked back, check that there is an ejector extending from the slide boltface. If it is there, field strip the pistol and make sure that it is the proper length and not broken. If the ejector is not present or broken, then you have your answer. If you are not sure of what the ejector configuration is supposed to be like, then have a local Gunsmith, familiar with the design, inspect your pistol. The dealer who sold you the pistol might also be of assistance, provided they are Knowledgable and not just salesman. Do not let them talk you into buying yet another gun, when the one they sold you, should work! (A common sales tactic.) Also, if there is a local range nearby, consult with a knowledgable Range Official.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jwc007. its a failure to eject during manual operation. i bought it new sometime in august 2006 and have only fired fmj 250rnds as break in test fire. thanks for the advise anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts