Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone provide me with the actual unloaded weight of the the stock 4 inch barrel 2 1/2 cylinder judge 2441049T? I have found such a wide range on the web. anywhere from 29 ounces to 30 something. Taurus says 29 ounces for the 3 inch but i am interested in the 4 inch barrel.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Nothing on Taurus' website?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the taurus web site only quotes a weight for the 3 inch barrel at 29 ounces.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
The 4" were "Dealer" promotions, I believe.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep there are still an abundance of them. I have been thinking of getting one until i can find an ultra lite. I just would hope to be able to find the weight spec. I have been thinking that a 4 inch would be a better choice than the poly PD as i use my M450 as my primary. the 4 inch would serve as a truck-house and packing gun. I want the longer barrel for the 45 colt. I have had some very positive comments about how it performs with the 000 buck as well.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well the stainless 4 inch is on its way. I am still going to search for the ultra lite. In the mean time i will be slinging lead with the 4 inch judge. I finally decided that the poly will be relegated to my car gun, 4 inch range, HD and field, M450 edc. oh yeah !!!! life is good.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a little disappointed in Taurus customer service as they couldn't give me any more info then the web page provides.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went ahead and purchased the Stainless 4 inch while i am looking for the ultra lite. In hand it seemed about the same 29 oz. as the M460 tracker. The judge felt well balanced in hand. Surprising as i thought it would be nose heavy. It must be the weight of the cylinder . Great point-ability. can't wait to load some rounds and start testing it at various distances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts