Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need advice on buying 94 or 990

Hi, I am going to a gun show at the end of the month and I need help picking if I want a 94 or 990. I already own a snuby 94, and do not want another one at this time, as I prefer a longer (4inch only) barrel for shooting at the range. Possible a scope on top. (I pasted up the autoloaders because magazines cost $$$$)

I am stuck between a 94 and 990. I have seen the model 94 at gun shows for $310 blued and SS $350 and the 990 I can not recall but my budge is $370ish max.

I really enjoy the work of the blued on revolvers, and I am leaning towards a SS model but the blued is very nice, I might go with it.

The thing I like about the 94's is the grips, they are great, I havn't touched a 990/judge in a while to remember what they feel like, but they do look just the same as my bike handle grips. I will hold it and see how it feels. Is there away to install a MODEL 94 grip on a MODEL 990?

The 990 looks heavier than the 94, looks more "meaty"

The thing I am confused on is the 94 2inch and 94 4 inch both have the same guid rod lengh??????? Does Taurus make a full guide rod lengh for their 22lr revolvers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've got a 990 and love it. Had it to the range today. I've got thousands of flawless rounds through it. It's probably the handgun that I shoot the most. I don't have any experience with a 94.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a 990 and love it. Had it to the range today. I've got thousands of flawless rounds through it. It's probably the handgun that I shoot the most. I don't have any experience with a 94.
You woudln't know of any other major difference other than the grips/ and meatyer frame do you? its more weight, "meat" to the 990 vs 94.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts