Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help identifying a revolver.

I have purchased a used Taurus revolver, a .357, and I can not locate the model type on Taurus's website. The serial number reads: KA399xxx. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Call Customer Service at 305-624-1115, it won't take but a couple of minutes to get the answer to your question.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
If you open the cylinder and look at the front part of the frame (toward the barrel) you should see a 65 there denoting the model number.

Be glad you found a 3", many people prefer them for carry. I don't know myself as the only 3" barreled wheel gun I've owned was pre-carry permit (and pre internet).

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Glad you found the proper information. I have to call every time I buy a Taurus to find the date of manufacture. Newer guns are not on their look-up site. ( http://www.taurususa.com/products/findmodel.cfm ) It doesn't seemed to be updated very often.Yours may be old enough to have the info. on the site.

If you would, try it and let us know. Thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Strange, I entered both serial numbers from my 651 and M44 and it said it couldn't locate them. I have bought both of these fairly recently; will have to plug in the info from my 608 later as I have had it much longer.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Didn't find mine either, but I entered a serial number from one I saw in a picture on the internet and it found that one. Mine were bought fairly recent also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts