Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of the surplus model 82s that out there now-- nice shooter. Based on what I saw on this board, I ordered these replacement grips from CDNN:

Taurus Square Agent Compact Checkered Rubber Grips Black Replacement

Great price. Shipping is $9.99 which is robbery, but 15 bucks for new grips isn't bad.

The website does not say so, but they do not come with the screw-- I called CDNN and was told the stock Taurus grip screw would work.

No.

So-- what size screw do I need for these?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I can return it, but I'm already out 10 bucks for shipping and I can spend another 3 bucks to get back 5, but I'll find a screw for it before I do that-- or just buy something else. And that's too bad-- they don't need any trimming or cut-and-fit as the Hogues do, and it feels more like a Ruger Blackhawk with the shorter grip. Nope, all it needs is a screw.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved- trial and error with the junkbox showed the threads to be 8x32, 1" looked to be about right so a trip to Lowe's with the grips turned up:

A bit of a pain to have to use a hex bit, but the grip's usable now. I still haven't cleaned it up all that well, am saving that for when I put in the Wolff springs when they come in.

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Problem solved- trial and error with the junkbox showed the threads to be 8x32, 1" looked to be about right so a trip to Lowe's with the grips turned up:

A bit of a pain to have to use a hex bit, but the grip's usable now. I still haven't cleaned it up all that well, am saving that for when I put in the Wolff springs when they come in.
I checked around and could not find the grip manufacturer, I was just about to recommend that you take the grip with you and check Home Depot or Lowe's in the specialty hex head screw drawers. Glad that you found one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts