Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Why can't the PT1911 be sent to you in California?

I would suggest the Taurus 24/7 in 9mm, 40cal or even 45cal If possible look for the Long Slide (about 5") which is only about an inch longer then the standard model 24/7. I have the PT908 (single stack 9mm) which is the older brother to the PT909 (double stack + same mag as PT92 or so I am told). PT 92 is another excellent idea too, its what I use to shoot in comps.

If you look at a 24/7 make sure it is a newer SA/DA model, not the older DAO model, you will like the new trigger better. !st shot to last is single action, double action only after a misfire.

As for revolvers I should pass that off to someone else that currently owns and shoots the Taurus wheel guns...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The mag disconnect is kind of a touchy issue. I personally would not want it on one of my weapons, but I do see the other side of the reasoning. It could be a safety option for a home defense weapon when children are involved by keeping the magazine in a separate location. For law enforcement I think it is an option for those involved as prison guards and related occupations, where it is more likely a weapon could be taken.

My personal feelings for "most" regular duty officers it could be a liability, but of course that is my personal opinion based on my training.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts