Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Im haveing trouble with the slide I took the barrel out.
and the spring with the pin.my problem is I cant get
the pin and spring to hook on to the barrel:mad: its a new
gun and I got it to getter before I dnt know whats going on now

Thank you
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
Yes...it is a huge PITA to get that pin back in through the slide due to the spring blocking it (and retaining the pin once in). When you replace the slide, hold the barrel through the ejection port with one finger while pushing the slide back to the open position and locking it there. Now the barrel is in the extended position and you have to mickey mouse around trying to push the pin in on an angle to get it past that spring. Persistence is the key and somethings taking a break if the frustration get too much. Good luck with it...it's the big drawback to shooting it. :(

Reactions: Falstaff

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Guys

Boy do I feel DUMB I was trying to put the pin in backwards LOL.
I had a friend come over to look at it after I spent over an hour tring
to get it back together.he looked at it and he said Jeff your putting
the pin in backwards.Boy after I turn 50 this year im forgetting everything
Czech wrong pin its the one with the springs above the barrel

Take Care Guys
Jeff

·
22,034 Posts
I've had days like that. Know who hasn't? No one.

Reactions: jamain

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have found that it is easier to put the pin in the frame before putting the slide/barrel assembly on. Make sure that the pin is flush with the inside of the frame so that the slide will clear it. Also, make sure that the hammer is cocked, then put the slide on and push it back into its normal position. You should be able to just push the pin all the way in. Rack to make sure everything is working. Good to go.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Hi Guys

Boy do I feel DUMB I was trying to put the pin in backwards LOL.
I had a friend come over to look at it after I spent over an hour tring
to get it back together.he looked at it and he said Jeff your putting
the pin in backwards.Boy after I turn 50 this year im forgetting everything
Czech wrong pin its the one with the springs above the barrel

Take Care Guys
Jeff
HUH?
are you talking about the recoil spring(S) rod???----------------------------:???:

Reactions: jamain

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes olfarhors

The recoil spring and rod.I was putting the pin in backwards.
I could not fig out why it would not work lol.I spent over an hour
on it before my friend came over.guess im losing my mined ROFLMBO

Jeff

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
As long as it is working now and you know what the difficulty was, problem solved. :thumb::thumb:

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
I have found that it is easier to put the pin in the frame before putting the slide/barrel assembly on. Make sure that the pin is flush with the inside of the frame so that the slide will clear it. Also, make sure that the hammer is cocked, then put the slide on and push it back into its normal position. You should be able to just push the pin all the way in. Rack to make sure everything is working. Good to go.
Thanks, I will try this. I went to the range yesterday and didn't shoot the TCP because I didn't feel like dealing with the re-assembly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Czechbikr

Dnt let that pistol keep you from haveing fun.Its really easy
to put back together.if you do it right unlike me LOL .and if
you have problems look on youtube there are ALOT of videos
on there showing how to take it apart and put it back together.

Take Care
Jeff

·
Registered
293 Posts
+1 on this

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks, I will try this. I went to the range yesterday and didn't shoot the TCP because I didn't feel like dealing with the re-assembly.
If it takes you longer than 5 minutes to disassemble, then assemble the 738, you are doing something wrong. Easiest semi-auto I've ever seen for assembly. Use the trick of putting pin in, before the slide. Check the Youtube tip on it. After you get the slide on, push the slide back, very slowly, about 1/32 in., while applying pressure to the pin, and it will click right in. Piece of cake.

·
Super Moderator
35,687 Posts
Czechbikr

Dnt let that pistol keep you from haveing fun.Its really easy
to put back together.if you do it right unlike me LOL .and if
you have problems look on youtube there are ALOT of videos
on there showing how to take it apart and put it back together.

Take Care
Jeff
I also was pretty busy with my PT 92 AFS, CP 44 SS, PT 145 SS and my Dan Wesson Model 14. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts