Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post of many, I hope.

Need a set of grips for a old M80 .38 spl. This thing has been down the road and has the been there, done that look. Finish is all but gone but it is in good sound condition. Shoots good I might add. Bought it to take on camping trips and I wanted a "I don't give a sh$t if I scratch it" pistol. $140 otd.

Just wanted to give the old boy a decent set of grips?

Anyone have any luck refinishing an old pistol? This pistol has zero collector value so I might try and put a finish on.

·
5,686 Posts
Once in a while you can find a set on ebay. I don't see any right now, but keep looking. Congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know the grips from a new model 66 fit on my old model 82 but I am unsure about the model 80. If they fit Taurus sells them for $14+ shipping. If you know someone with a newer Taurus I would see if they fit your gun. I think it might be when they started using the two letter prefix on the serial# that they changed the frames since the aftermarket grips that said they would fit my M82 did not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has a one letter prefix serial number. Found a set on GunBroker but they were about the same condition as the ones on it now. But an hour later went back to look at them again and they were gone.:eek: Got to be a set out there to fit it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts