Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my wife shoot her gun today everything went fine. Later came home showed her how to take her TCP 380 down for cleaning well after slide was off she pulled the trigger and now i cant get the hammer to go back into place unless i pull it with a screw driver then put gun back together but after dry fire and recock slide it doesnt do anything and also when i put 6 rounds in the mag it wont cycle only with 5 :mad:

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
If the slide is off and the trigger is pulled, you will have to manually pull the hammer back to the half-cocked position to reinstall the slide. This is what you did with the screwdriver, right?

Are you saying that the hammer won't stay at the half-cocked position?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it dry fires once then when i cock the slide it doesnt do anything until i cock it a few more times and now when i put the full 6 rounds in the mag it doesnt want to load right its like the mag dont go all the way in with out me giving it a nice hit and it didnt do that before either and it all started after this. And yes thats what i did manually with the screw driver

·
Banned
134 Posts
sorry, I am basically a 1911 guy. are you saying that you can't just cock the hammer with your thumb, you need a screwdriver to do it on this model? it sounds like some sort of disconnector-part is not being properly engaged.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
no it dry fires once then when i cock the slide it doesnt do anything until i cock it a few more times
I'm not near your gun, so I'll state what may be obvious with the TCP. Be sure to pull that slide all the way back to ensure the hammer goes back past the half cock. It should go to half cock with only moving the slide back part way, but to replicate the firing action be sure to pull the slide all the way back.

If the hammer doesn't go to half cock after that and allow another dry fire, then the "sear" might not be in position to hold the hammer at half cock. Or the trigger bar is not pulling the hammer off of the sear and moving the sear out of the way. The best way to tell is by trying this out with the slide removed. You will have to use the screwdriver or your finger to move the hammer to the half cock. Then you can pull the trigger and see if the hammer moves fully rearward off the half cock and then drops fully forward when the trigger "breaks".

and now when i put the full 6 rounds in the mag it doesnt want to load right its like the mag dont go all the way in with out me giving it a nice hit and it didnt do that before either and it all started after this.
Hmmm. Maybe the ejector is interfering. Let me check something on my TCP.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Check out page 29 of this TCP manual. Item 29 is the ejector. http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/manual-TCP.pdf The top of the ejector should be level and flush with the top of the aluminum frame in the pistol grip assembly. The ejector should also be against the left inner side of the frame.

If the ejector is in front of the hammer it can possibly block the hammer's sear. The sear in the TCP is actually a hammer catch that holds the hammer at half cock. If that sear can't move forward when the trigger is pulled, the hammer will not go forward properly if at all.

Also, if the ejector is damaged it could be in the path of a loaded magazine. That could be causing your mag insertion troubles.

The thing to remember about the TCP ejector is that is does not stick up into the cartridge path like on larger auto pistols. About all it does is keep the aluminum frame from being battered by extracted cartridges. How do I know? I "adjusted" mine up a tad and it promptly interfered with the slide being installed. It really has to be flush with the top of the aluminum inner frame, and out of the way of the sear and hammer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts