Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - so here's the deal . I want to change out the barrel of my recent production Model 94 with a older 3 inch barrel. I have the three inch barrel, but the older style Model 94's locked up in front of the ejector rod under the barrel. My present barrel has an underlug and locks up at the crane .

So I need a old style ejector rod, cylinder pin, and spring. I have not been able to find these parts. I believe that any of the older small frame guns would have the same parts ( like the small frame 38 spl guns - 3 inch or longer barrel models)

Anyone have a junker with these parts ? Know where I can find them ? Know any reason why this will not work ? I should end up with a sort of triple lock.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Sounds like a job for a professional smith. How long is the current barrel? If over 3 inch could a smith shorten the barrel?

Numerich might be a source for parts or I've seen parts on Gunbroker. Like I say though, trying to match up parts from two different model eras sounds like a job for a qualified smith. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I have been monitoring the used parts available at places like Gun Broker, but so far came up empty with the excepton of a complete .38 cylinder and ejector rod system that was priced to high, given I don't need the cylinder.

Still looking for the parts I need - I can do the work , I don't have the tooling to make the parts however. The present barrel was a 4 inch and has been shortened - gun shoots fine, but putting the factory 3 inch barrel on it with the triple lock effect is the desired task.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts