Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I will most likely be picking up a 22lr pistol sometime in the very near future. Was wondering if you could recommend a good self healing target that works good with 22lr.. Cant do steel targets as the range i go too doesnt allow em but just started allowing the self healing kind.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I picked up some Allen orange self healing target pretty cheap at a store that was going out of business, and it does pretty good for 22's. They sell them all over, including online.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got the 10" round orange one at Wally's a couple of years ago. Hard to even see the hits... just a gray smug and tiny pucker spot with 22's. So I tried 9mm FMJ. Same thing... just slightly bigger smug and pucker spot.

Target barely moved when hit so no feedback there. Put on a sticky target and you'll be good.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Just get a piece of old conveyor belting. The good stuff has steel core, and will withstand simply YEARS of shooting, even high-power rounds like 44mag and 30-06.

Half an inch thick, and weighs about 75# per square yard. Virtually indestructible. You can staple paper targets to it and do it over and over again.

I donated a couple of tons of it to my club a few decades ago, and they are still using some of the original pieces for the hunting rifle sighting in range and the 300 and 400 yard ranges.

Sourced from foundries, coal tipples, mines, transit-mix concrete mfrs, concrete-block makers and other similar places where movement of large amounts of aggregate is done. They usually are quite happy to find a source to dispose of it without their actually PAYING for disposal and removal. Be careful, though. In spite of its appearance, it is quite heavy for a small piece, and can quickly over-do both your back and your pickup truck. Forklifts are helpful.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey all, I will most likely be picking up a 22lr pistol sometime in the very near future. Was wondering if you could recommend a good self healing target that works good with 22lr.. Cant do steel targets as the range i go too doesnt allow em but just started allowing the self healing kind.
Look up Rubber Dummies.

I unfortunately shoot mine with magnums so his nose is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
I have both of these
https://smile.amazon.com/Do-All-Outdoors-Self-Healing-Target-Caliber/dp/B0037NA994/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1F2WBPBQ2KM79&dchild=1&keywords=self+healing+target&qid=1574523913&sprefix=self+healing+ta%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-2

https://smile.amazon.com/Allen-Stan...23913&sprefix=self+healing+ta,aps,151&sr=8-30

you dont get much in the way of feedback from either, but the 2nd one does tend to tip. and will bob back up after shot.

My favorite targets though are dum dum lollie pops, i got a back of clothes pins a big back of the pops, and a steel cable and a couple of 2x4's make a standing frame, string the cable between the frame and hang the pops with the clothes pins, you can hang as many as you want to make the frame hold. mine holds 100, and when you hit them they disintegrate into a cloud of candy dust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts