Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long while. And some of those 'shooters'.....? Having the gun butt on their muscle of their arm, leaning backwards like a question mark, many with no proper stance....hilarious!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love the look on most of their faces!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ROFLMAO!! Thanks for sharing that link!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Funny video. If you get the chance watch the video on you tube of the guy shooting the .60 cal. pistol. Its a good one too.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I think that classifies as BFG. The 60 cal would work as a side arm.

Already emailed the link out. Going to have to show it at work too.

Steelheart

·
Registered
48 Posts
Take a look at the picture below. This happens at about the 1:17 mark of the video. The camera man is swept multiple times with the muzzle WHILE the shooters finger is still on the trigger after the shot.

Might be funny after the fact, but this isn't necessarily a screaming endorsement for responsible firearm behavior. Thank God it's a bolt action and not a semi-auto or full-auto.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it would have been retarded for them to have made this a semi automatic weapon for tha tvery reason. The recoil ont hat thing is absolutely HORENDOUS! The post I grabbed the link from, some of the guys did some research on it. It's actually used in the African jungle area for big game threats as a last resort option. They have some lighter charged loads for the gun for the reason the last resort option may keep you from firing in fear of the recoil.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The things people do. :)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The strange thing is that I think I'd be willing to give it a try, once. But I won't guarantee that I won't be propelled backwards!

Steelheart

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope the floor had carpet, one of the guns looked like a ruger #1.......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, crazy

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's what I was wondering. Did they use two rifles? One was definitely a Ruger No. 1, but in some of the shots, it was unclear whether there was a bolt action being fired. The other thing I couldn't understand is firing that thing from the bench (desk). A .300 Win mag puts a hurtin' on my shoulder from a bench. I could only imagine the pain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take a look at the picture below. This happens at about the 1:17 mark of the video. The camera man is swept multiple times with the muzzle WHILE the shooters finger is still on the trigger after the shot.

Might be funny after the fact, but this isn't necessarily a screaming endorsement for responsible firearm behavior. Thank God it's a bolt action and not a semi-auto or full-auto.

The camera was placed on tri-pod to film. I believe that there may even be more than one camera on a tri-pod to film from different angles. If you watch different iterations of this video that are out here, you'll see that a camera is knocked over once or twice as people stumble backwards or fall out of their chair. I can't believe that anyone would be dumb enough to let themselves be caught on the business end of one of those rifles.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Well, the camera doing the filming is definitely moving, so it's not one of the ones on a tripod; it's definitely a person holding it.

But what we can't tell is if he's behind another bulletproof pane of glass doing the filming; although the picture isn't distorted or blurry, so I don't know if that's the case.

In any event, I'm quite certain they only put 1 round in the gun every time to let these guys shoot it, to avoid that very real danger.

In fact, I'd bet half of the folks who shot it inadvertantly pulled the trigger a second time during recoil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts