Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a gen 1 9mm 24 7 and when i rack the slide the shell clears the chamber and straight to a stovepipe postion is there anyone else here who has had this issue?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
My guess is a broken ejector. Take a picture with the slide open and post it. It will be much easier to diagnose with a look-see.

·
Administrator
18,422 Posts
Any Malfunctions when you shoot it?

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
are we talking about a shell (or a spent case?).
IF you are talking about hand jacking a live round out of the weapon then that can be several problems, many of which is the shooter!
first there is no way a human can operate a slide rearward as fast as the gun does when its fired, additionally if you are trying to eject a full unfired round its considerbally heavier/ longer than a fired case.
the only reason really that this would even come into play is if you needed to do a clearance operation on a malfunctioning round.
while this is important again if talking about a unfired round then you got to give the slide a fast , firm yank rearward and kind of toss the weapon to the right and up to throw the full unfired round out of the gun.
now if its a fired round (spent case) then thats another discussion.
again now i don't know you expertise with weapons or exactly what you are talking about, only trying to answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts