Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill loosening NC gun laws heads to Perdue :: WRAL.com Thanks to a conservative majority in the state House and Senate ( it took 100+ yrs ). NC is catching up with other CCW states regarding the Castle Doctrine. Maybe next year North Carolinians will be able to legally carry in a nice restaurant.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I'm happy with the expanded Castle Doctrine and the right to carry in state parks. This is a
watered down version of the original bill which would have allowed carry in restaurants that
served alcohol, but the General Assembly is going to revisit that in the short session that
comes up later on next year. You can also conceal carry in banks now as long as there
aren't any no gun signs posted. This bill also has a veto proof majority so Governor
Perdue will not be throwing a monkey wrench into the long overdue changes that
were needed to North Carolina's gun laws. The General Assembly deserves a thank
you and a pat on the back from all gun owners and Second Amendment supporters.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
North Carolina is now catching up with the surrounding states...

The NC Legislature deserves a pat on the back and a big thank!
Kudos to the NC Legislature...
...and congratulations to all North Carolinians who will benefit from this bit of good news!:icon_ rocker:
:happy2::happy::guns::thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I'm glad at least some of the bill got passed since I'm stationed in NC right now. The old self defense laws were really backward but man, I was really looking forward to carrying in restaurants! Every restaurant in this town sells beer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts