Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
WTF??? With all his training he for sure should have known better but I guess women (and likely alcohol) make people do stupid things!!

Reactions: sandman 11

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
This stuff happens from time to time. People know their gun is unloaded and to prove it to someone they shoot themselves.

4 rules, always and 4 ever.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Sorry...but no sympathy here.

Thousands of tax payers dollars spent to make him one of the best wasted, as well as a life & a family.

That's the only way I know how to fix stupid.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Booze and Bullets don't mix! Dumbass! That's one mistake you only do once.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
This stuff happens from time to time. People know their gun is unloaded and to prove it to someone they shoot themselves.

4 rules, always and 4 ever.
You said a mouthful, brother. I've been hearing stories like this since I was a kid, and people just keep on doing it. My uncle used to say that empty guns have killed more people than any other kind. I do kind of wonder if the girl was impressed, though.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
It doesn't matter how much training you have, stupid is still stupid. A Navy Seal should know firearms inside and out. He should know better than to pull a stupid stunt like that. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to know not to put a gun to your head, let alone pull the trigger. That act violates every rule of gun safety there is. Never assume a gun is unloaded. If you assume ........... you lose! It's just that simple. I really have a hard time feeling sorry for this guy.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Cali says the man was showing guns to a woman he'd met earlier at a bar and put a pistol he believed was unloaded to his head.

Let me just play detective here and assume this conversation happened:

Freakedoutgirl : "you are reckless. Im outta here."

Formernavyseal: "My guns are completely safe. Here, ill prove it to ya....(very loud bang follows)"

The cost of drinks:$50
Life support expense to the U.S. Government-Thousands of dollars.
Teaching the tactical and non-tactical amoung us that women and firearms are not toys -Priceless.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Some times people just get in over their heads and the pressure becomes too much for them to bear. Therefore I will withold judgement and pray for the family left behind. Yes that will include the girl as she will have tolive with the memory of this for the rest of her life.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Sorry...but no sympathy here.

Thousands of tax payers dollars spent to make him one of the best wasted, as well as a life & a family.
No sympathy for anyone stupid enough to pull a stunt like that.

I do, as I'm sure we all do, have a sympathetic heart for the deceased's family and loved ones.

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
This was tragic and stupid, I know because nearly every stupid thing I have ever done in my life was preceded by more than a few beers. Now that I am older and smarter I leave the drinking to the younger set.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
This was tragic and stupid, I know because nearly every stupid thing I have ever done in my life was preceded by more than a few beers. Now that I am older and smarter I leave the drinking to the younger set.
And, chances are, now you don't do nearly as many foolish things as you did back then. (Funny how that seems to work.) ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Since 9/11 a lot of guys have become SEAL qualified who would never have made it before. This guy was probably one of them. And I remember from some years back a group of SEALs were busted for smoking hashish in Thailand, they were doing it right out in the open at an outdoor restaurant and some other military personnel observed them and reported it. So SEALs are not immune to stupid behavior.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Has the young man passed away? Last news reports I read (15 hours ago) he was still on life support?

I have 'sympathy' for his family who must live with the consequences of his insane choice. There is a whole lot of stupid out there. BUDs training usually screens it out before graduation.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you are a navy seal you should know to NEVER point a gun loaded or unloaded at anyone unless you are planning on using it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts