Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Thanks! I was just planning a motorcycle trip out west and was wondering bout that.....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Thanks. Only 17 states don't honor my Ohio CHL. The one that really surprises me is Texas.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I was surprised to see how well Missouri is reciprocated.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I see that many places still have Alabama listed as a "may issue" state when this is no longer true. No matter what any county sheriff's office may say, state law is "shall issue".

·
Registered
297 Posts
GreenWolf70,

Alabama Law is very specific:

13A-11-75 License to carry pistol in vehicle or concealed on person - Issuance; fee; revocation; release of information. (a) The sheriff of a county, upon the application of any person residing in that county, may issue a qualified or unlimited license to such person to carry a pistol in a vehicle or concealed on or about his or her person within this state for not more than one year from date of issue, if it appears that the applicant has good reason to fear injury to his or her person or property or has any other proper reason for carrying a pistol, and that he or she is a suitable person to be so licensed

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for sharing this great bit of information.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Thanks. Only 17 states don't honor my Ohio CHL. The one that really surprises me is Texas.
It may be because Ohio doesn't recognize Texas CHLs either, not sure why. Or if Ohio doesn't have a course requirement that meets Texas standards could be another reason.

Get an Arizona non-resident license and you will add about 6 states (TX, WI, PA, MS, AL, and GA). If Ohio requires 8 hours of training a copy of your current CHL is all the proof you need. Send them an email through the Contact US on the site below. They'll send you a packet with what you need to get one. Very easy process. I got one and added NV, OH and WV to my list of states.

That's what I like about the map the OP posted is because you can see what adding an out of state CHL/CCW will do for your ability to exercise your 2A rights.

Concealed Weapons & Permits - Arizona Department of Public Safety

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Ohio - Texas deal is all on Ohio. Texas will honor anyone who honors them. Same with WV and Texas. WV and OH both require signed agreements. Texas has offered to sign with both. Both have declined because of something in Texas Law. I am not sure what Texas does that WV and OH don't agree with. But again Texas will sign with anyone who will sign with them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Most I remember being told when traveling to a state that honors Alabama permits is that just because the state does doesn't mean the officer that pulls you over will.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I am disappointed in the limited number of state permits that MN. honors. Many of the states that honor MN. permits are not honored by MN. I guess it is time to give my state senator and representative a HUG! ( Maybe like putting the squeeze on them ). I think that Senator Carlson may be easy to convice to support expanded coverage since he appears to be a 2A supporter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts