Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

went to the gun show today here in Nashville, seems like theres one a month I guess. Ill go every other month to check things out, feel the pulse and chat with folks.

Seems like things are still the same with ammo, jacked up prices on 22 LR and many other calibers. Gun prices are a little high at the shows, I always wonder why we go to a gun show, pay to park, pay to get in and then pay higher than store prices for certain things. Kinda funny.

Anyway, theres usually a good deal found here and there, I purchased a very nice Don Hume IWB holster for my Ruger LCP, unfortunately no holsters for the PT740 today (that fit my needs). I paid 40 bucks for that.

Also purchased a Condor 36" soft case for my sons M&P 15/22, 72.00 out the door. These are usually around 99.00 at stores.

I was offered a SightMark brand red dot sight with laser for 160.00 but I see them online for 149.00, so I passed on that. Would love to buy an Eotech but cant justify the price for the amount I actually shoot my AR. They are nice though.

Its always nice to chat with like minded folks, so its worth the cost to get in and such.

On another note, I might be interested in selling my PT 740 to purchase a Sig Sauer P238 for my wife. I was thinking about selling my PT but then I remembered Ive invested lots of time and money in ammo, I have 2000 rounds of .40 cal. Guess I could sell that too.

Ill keep you posted if I indeed decide to sell the 740.

Have a great week folks!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks for the report from Nashville. Here's a thought: keep your PT740 and half of your ammo. Then sell the other half of your ammo to free up your cash to buy the Sig P238. Ammunition is the new currency. I see .40 S&W going for anywhere from .55 to .80 on armslist. Just a thought, fwiw.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I see .40 S&W going for anywhere from .55 to .80 on armslist. Just a thought, fwiw.
I bought a box of 50 Federal 158 gr (I think) FMJ target loads 40 S&W at my local Wally last week for $18 and change.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Most of the dealers at gun shows work on the premise there's a sucker born every minute. If you what a good price is and are willing to put forth the effort there are deals to be found. The more popular the gun the more they're going to ask for it. Find a diamond in the rough and you can find a deal.

Reactions: Mayonaze

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I checked out the gunshow in Indianapolis on Saturday and I think that things are getting back to normal. The amount of guns there was the best I have seen since before the election in 2012. They had just about any type of pistol or revolver you could want. The long gun selection was also great and there were AR-15 rifles every where you looked. Pricing on them has come down and there were several listed for under the $1000 mark. Ammo was plentiful and the best I have seen, as far as available calibers, in months. Pricing was still high in several booths, but a lot of the booths had better pricing. Of the booths with the sky-high prices, they had plenty of ammo and no buyers! Seems people might have decided to stop paying those prices. .22 and 9MM was everywhere and the .22 seemed to still carry the highest mark-up. Reloading supplies were abundant and it seems components are coming down too. Several booths with primers and powders and only a little higher than normal prices. More booths with reloading than I have ever seen too and they had everything from dies to presses. Brass and bullets were readily available too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts