Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a guess at how Taurus manages their serial numbers. My pistol has the prefix NZE. Taurus told me it was of May 2006 manufacture run. My read is the second character indicates year; Z=2006, Y=2005 and A=2007. Further, I guess that the third character indicates month; E=May, F=June ... (drop I and O as confusing with numbers) ... L=December, A=January. So from my crackpot read of what Taurus may be doing with serial numbers, I guessing you have a pistol manufactured in January 2007. The real answer can be obtained from Taurus Customer Service and I would love to know if the above BS is anywhere close to the truth.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dilbertnomore said:
Just a guess at how Taurus manages their serial numbers. My pistol has the prefix NZE. Taurus told me it was of May 2006 manufacture run. My read is the second character indicates year; Z=2006, Y=2005 and A=2007. Further, I guess that the third character indicates month; E=May, F=June ... (drop I and O as confusing with numbers) ... L=December, A=January. So from my crackpot read of what Taurus may be doing with serial numbers, I guessing you have a pistol manufactured in January 2007. The real answer can be obtained from Taurus Customer Service and I would love to know if the above BS is anywhere close to the truth.
Hey Dilbertnomore - I called Taurus Customer Service and they told me that my PT92 was manufactured in 2006 based on the 2nd character of my serial number, which is "Z". They didn't mention anything about the other characters, but in all fairness, I didn't ask anything further either. Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts