Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt King Cobra .357, 4" brl, blue mint condition...Kimber Warrior .45...S&W model 19-2 .357, mint condition.:mad:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A NIB Remington 700 BDL .300 Win Mag bolt action rifle with a pristine Monte Carlo stock and a Nikon Monarch 3x9x50 scope (which I got for a fantastic price at a pawn shop) .

A buddy of mine was going to New Mexico to hunt Elk twelve years ago, and I offered to let him borrow my rifle. He said that he didn't want to borrow a gun that nice, but he would be glad to buy it from me.

I had just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and had underwent the radical prostatectomy surgery and was depressed and feeling like I'd never hunt again; so I sold the rifle to him. :(

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts

Churchill Model Windsor I side by side double barreled 12 gauge shotgun. 25" barrels, Anson & Deeley boxlock, antique silver finish receiver with fine scroll engraving, extractors, double triggers, checkered straight grip & forend. Chokes are Imp Cyl & Mod. Excellent condition and was made in Spain by Kassner

I'll never be able to replace it and miss it. Mostly I miss owning it, as I did not shoot it very much. Sold when I had some Medical Issues. Did NOT get a fair price for it either.

RobW - I can sympathize on your Colt! Still have my 4 inch Blued Colt King Cobra and am trying to keep it. Not mint, as I shoot it on occasion. I figure I might as well enjoy it while I have it!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Really like to pour salt in the old wounds, not so much a gun, sold most of my collection of big bore revolvers. When Clinton was in office there was a lot of talk about a gun grab. It had happened in other countries, so history said it was possible. I sold guns that had taken a life time to collect. I have replaced some but with our guberment the way it is will never invest that heavy again. Our politicians are too good at being just that, I'm too old to play the games. I buy what I want and consider it to be an expendable investment. In the event there ever is a gun grab I will have a big pile of cut metal and a torch that is out of gas when they get here. They can burn their paws collecting that......

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The Rossi M720 I traded for a Ruger 22/45 I just "Had to have"! Thanks for reminding me that I'm a Dumb-ass!

·
17,581 Posts
That's a long list. I self destructed with a gun collection once. I built a really nice collection in the 80's, and sold most of it off. I got to the point where I couldn't keep up shooting, casting, reloading. The pressures of buying a house, having a couple of kids, a new job, I just blew up and gave up one day. It was really stressing me out trying to keep up shooting. Something had to go and they said I had to keep the kids. I should have just packed them away (the guns, not the kids).

I am like an addict. I buy like a collector, but at heart I'm a shooter. There's a point where a shooter has too many guns, they can't possibly shoot them all with any reasonable frequency and maintain proficiency. I'm there right now and I struggle to not buy more.

I tell myself "O.K. if you buy that you need more bullets, a shell plate for the Dillon, dies, then there's load development, testing, becoming familiar with it. You're in the middle of that with two other guns, how are you going to do that? Which one are you going to back burner?" That's how I've been talking myself out of any more. I thought the M380 wouldn't be like that, I mean it's a DAO snubbie, accuracy not that important. But even it has brought up it's own associated 'project". DOH!

I sold:
Colt Python, 6" Blue .357
Colt Python Target, 8" Blue .38 spl only
S&W Mod. 17 .22 8 3/8"
S&W Mod. 14 .38 8 3/8"
Dan Wesson Mod 15 .357 8" Heavy (no vent rib)
S&W Mod 25 .45 ACP 6 1/2"
S&W Mod 625 .45 ACP 5" ( Model of 1988 )
S&W Mod 24 .44 spl 6"
S&W Hand Ejector 3RD Model 4" .44 spl (the unfortunate victim of a reblue, but it looked good and was a shooter)
Colt 1909 Army .45 Colt, (another reblue) This is one I don't miss. The New Service frame is only good if you have hands like a gorilla.

I kept a couple of .38s and a pair of .22s for protection and recreational purposes. Shot very little over the ensuing 20 years.

But now, the kids are grown, the wife's in school, I have more time on my hands, and more money. I'm back baby!

The best shooter in the bunch was the blued Mod. 25 6 1/2" in .45 ACP.

There's a list of autoloaders that came and went, and various guns I ended up with for a while, but that was the core collection.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Taurus 689 6" SS .357
Left handed Randall .45
Completely restored Luger

everything else I never minded no longer having

AFS

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
An old but nice pre-WWII Colt ACE .22 that I traded for a Ruger #1 .22-250 varmint rifle....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Too many to count. Some that I recall almost immediately......

Taurus 689 4 inch stainless
Ruger P97
Taurus Mil Pro 9mm 2nd gen with tritium sights
Star Megastar 45acp

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I'll go along with "all of them" but I miss my Colt Lightweight Commander the most. That gun got me out of two bad situations several years ago when I lived on the road but was finally stolen in 1995. Haven't found a replacement yet!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle, Ruger Single 6 .22/22 WM, High Standard .22 Double Nine (stolen), Ruger 77 30-06 with tang safety, Ruger 10/22 with walnut stock. I feel so depressed about some of them I'll never sell another gun again and shoot anyone who tries to steal another.

I've probably forgot some, if I did I must not want them back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
3" S&W 940.
Belgian Browning Hi-Power with tangent sight.
Beretta 92 S. This one honestly felt like holding a gun made of glass. I still lay awake at night.....

·
Registered
27,130 Posts
Glock 17. It ate anything put in it.
Another gun, a Xxxx XX-40 - I'm glad is gone.
Any other guns I've gotten rid of have gone to my boys - the guns may be gone, but I like where they are.

Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
Thompson super 14 contender in 30 herrit, 35 herritt, 10 inch barrels in 22LR, 22 WMR.
Winchester model 70 in 243 winchester.
winchester model 70 in 25-06
mark II Ruger
Winchester Over under 12 gauge.
I got to stop i am crying to hard to continue!-LOL

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Kimber CustomII, Colt Commander, Ruger Security six Blued 4" w/ adj. sights, Russian SKS, FN-FAL, CZ-75 in .40sw, Colt Officers mdl .45, and more that I can't even remember. I sold the Kimber to a friend, but he won't sell it back. It wsa the most accurate pistol I have ever owned. I am glad I got rid a ruger p-95 dc that thing couldn't hit a paper plate past 20' regardless of who was shooting it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts