Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of guys asked for some internal pics of my 627. I can post a few more with the parts in action if anyone wants them. The parts are essentially the same for the Bulls, Trackers, snubbies etc... Heck, the parts are very similar to a couple of Smiths in the family. Click on the pics to go to Webshots and see the full size photo's.

First off, the full monty:

Next, the guts in their relative positions, sort of:

Now the hammer, sear, transfer bar, firing pin and bolt:

Next, the trigger and cylinder stop:

Finally, the trigger spring assy, the hand spring, pin, hand and mainspring:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Looks pretty straightforward. I took a super blackhawk apart once. I don't think I'd do it again. This looks a lot easier I wonder if you could just fill in the taurus lock on the hammer? Or maybe someone has an aftermarket replacement? Also could use a real steel trigger on my M44 as well. MMMMMMMM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for posting it. As I looked at my 850 last night I was tempted to take her down and polish a bunch of stuff to smooth out the action. Then I chickened out and put the lid back on. Maybe someday soo when I am bored here at home. But not till I get my Ruger back. Don't want to be down to just my Kel-Tek.

Bill

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
wow..big thanks..
I have never stripped a gun that far..lol(always too chicken ;D)
I only have one large handgun and it is a Tracker 627...

that could be handy down the road :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is awesome! Thanks for posting the pics.

Does anyone have a link to a detailed set of instructions for removing and replacing the trigger assembly on the Tracker?

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
Don't attempt polishing any surfaces that have to do with the sear unless you KNOW what you're doing. The angles are critical.

As for taking off the side plate, smack the off side of the frame with a rubber handled screw driver to get it to lift. Don't pry on anything.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nice pics.

Worth pointing out that the internals of older Taurus revolvers were quite different. Quite a bit more, so I'm told "S&W-ish". This is from a late 80s vintage Model 66 (which I no longer have).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well thank to you posting this, I did strip mine down to nothing. Polished stuff that would rub together. And I put it back together. Good news. It works!! LOL! Did shoot it. And dry fire it a bunch. Still a little gritty. Not sure I put enough gresse in there. I went very light. How much is normally the right amount inside a revolver? I don't remember how much was in the before and I don't have another revolver to compare it to.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
id try to tare mine down but i have a feeling id have extra parts left over when i got it back together.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really want to take apart my taurus tracker but i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do. when it comes to such things, i need an uber detailed, step by step guide that includes everything from "this screw goes here and only finger tighten. now scratch your left butt cheek 3 times with the fingernails of your left pointer and middle fingers. take a sip from your miller beer can (recommended to pick it up with your right hand). now pick up this piece" etc.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The best way to learn is to tear it down and put it back together......like a jigsaw puzzle! ;D

Reverse engineering, completion backwards principal....ect.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
about once a month I get the bug to really clean my revolvers, including taking off the side plate. Then I come look at these pictures, and hear the stories about a bag of parts going to the gunsmith, then I do an exterior clean, say a prayer and put them away again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts