Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
Hope you have a strong trigger finger. :D Wow, I remember when those things went for 40 bucks a pop. Probably shoulda bought a case. :D Of course, I can say the same about my SKSs, my Hakim, etc. Blued steel is a FAR better investment than gold or silver. :D

Reactions: mwj999

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Someone brought one of those to Sand Lake.....Texas Deputy, I think. An interesting pistol....the only revolver on which a silencer will do any good since the cylinder closes up to the barrel just before it fires.

·
Premium Member
11,068 Posts
It's one of the first C&R pistols I ever bought. I got it when they cost less than the ammo. I also had a 32acp cylinder for it. Got rid of it years ago.

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
A hard trigger pull is a safety.
To a point, at which the bad guy begins to feel safe. :icon_ rofl: They are interesting pistols, but as shooters, well.....
Buddy of mine has several of 'em. He pulls the trigger single action with his middle finger (a might stronger) which seems to work better for him.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Bad guys? Like the nazis that got shot in the back of the head trying to stop the Soviets from making it to the Fatherland?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
I had one of those, the grips were so sharply checkered you about needed to wear gloves to fire the damn thing even with it's minimal recoil. If a heavy trigger is a safety it was about the safest pistol I ever owned. I think I sold it for the $65 I paid for it and was happy to see it go.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which mode is the trigger so heavy? DA or SA? Or both?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Which mode is the trigger so heavy? DA or SA? Or both?
Probably about 10# single action and double that for double action, not sure if that is typical or if I had an especially rough one.

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
Eh. Trigger job.
I believe it's that cylinder that moves forward before the hammer drops. You're doing too much when you pull the trigger. No way to fix that IMHO. The bad trigger is part of the design.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not knowing how the mechanism works without a parts diagram, maybe the springs could be changed?
More searching.
Watching the posted video right now.

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
Just played with my buddy's unloaded gun as we chatted about it in his living room one dove hunting trips. :D I never did figure out how you load the thing.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I Googled "1895 nagant trigger job"
Found many instructions and a few videos.
Not that hard to do. Just tricky getting it right.

·
Administrator
39,693 Posts
Pretty wicked lookin' firing pin on these things. You would think they could have come up with a better ejection system than what they have. I've run across these several times, and they are interesting to look at. I've never fired one, and I'd never buy one.

Reactions: Panda
1 - 20 of 41 Posts