Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out Davidson's new arrivals today and saw a model I can't place. Davidson's says it is a 44M Tracker 2" barrel in stainless steel. They go on to mention that it is a TALO Special Edition. Now, unless I'm mistaken, the 44m is the Mutli lite frame with a price around $700 msrp. I don't see or remember Taurus offering a 2" barreled Tracker in any caliber. Here's where it gets interesting. Davidison shows a list price of $508 and my local agent for Davidson's say he will sell it for $405! Sounds cheap for a 44 mag doesn't it? Any clue as what this gun is all about?

added: Davidson's has 17 in stock for sale but doesn't show a pic.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK....So I've learned something today. The model number is 400021TKR and it is a 44 mag Tracker with a 2'' barrel. Shouldn't have trusted the Taurus website for information on their offerings. Geeze, I should no better :mad:! Still not a bad price for a gun that Taurus doesn't tell anyone it exists.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems very resonable for what it is. gunborkers had one (maybe the pic above) for
around $370. Looks like a lot of gun for the money. I don't really have a need for a short barreled magium but for under $400 I might have to invent one!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are they still making those or are they discontinued? To my knowledge it's the only 5 shot .44 mag snubby in existence.

The Taurus website ticks me off more than any other!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HiVelSword said:
Are they still making those or are they discontinued? To my knowledge it's the only 5 shot .44 mag snubby in existence.

The Taurus website ticks me off more than any other!!!! :mad:
They aren't mentioned on Taurus' infamous website. I quess that's what threw me off in the first place. I watch Davidson's pretty closely so you can imagine my surprise seeing an offering for a Taurus wheelgun I didn't know existed. Maybe Davidson came across some old stock that Taurus had on the shelf. They did have 17 of these but where down to 10 as of yesterday. Then again they still have a large inventory of 909's and they have been discontinued. If only Taurus would figure out that people actually look at their website to get current INFORMATION.......wow!! there's a novel marketing ploy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My opinion, The side lock on the Lite weight High power mags will not hold up to a LOT of shooting..

Need a lock like the Raging Bull....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NOWUS said:
My opinion, The side lock on the Lite weight High power mags will not hold up to a LOT of shooting..

Need a lock like the Raging Bull....
Not that I going to run out and buy one, but if I did, I seriously doubt that it would be a revolver that would see alot of range time especially with 44 mags. I see this being more of a Home Defense gun, kept sleeping quietly in the night stand, awaiting its time to cause mayhem on any and all intruders.

·
Registered
75 Posts
rainman said:
Not that I going to run out and buy one, but if I did, I seriously doubt that it would be a revolver that would see alot of range time especially with 44 mags. I see this being more of a Home Defense gun, kept sleeping quietly in the night stand, awaiting its time to cause mayhem on any and all intruders.
Agreed. I'd shoot 10-15 rounds of true magnums (defense load of choice) to see how they print and to know what kind of recoil to expect. After that it would be just specials for practice.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HiVelSword said:
Agreed. I'd shoot 10-15 rounds of true magnums (defense load of choice) to see how they print and to know what kind of recoil to expect. After that it would be just specials for practice.
Ah!! A man after my own heart. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
rainman said:
Ah!! A man after my own heart. :D
I'm already spoken for! LOL

But seriously. I've handled the Taurus. Money was too tight to buy it though I wanted it badly. In my head I knew it wasn't going to eat hot .44's all day and ask for more but while holding it, that was never my intent. I would have used it as a back up to my 3" barreled 629. Shot 15 rounds of Starfires or Silvertips and that's it.

What's fun about practicing with specials IS that you can do it alot. I know it's not cheap. It helps having a friend who reloads. I'm able to shoot my 629 plenty because of him. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts