Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amy got to shoot her pink pistol while we were at the ranch. I would hate to have her putting sights on me, she was plinking like an expert. She only missed her first shot, then adjusted for sight picture. After that, she was dead on at 10-15 yards. I was quite impressed & she was too. Nothing reinforces a positive feeling for a firearm like being proficient with it.

The only negative was her holster. She didn't like it. It is a concealment holster, but an OWB is better at the ranch. There is no reason to conceal a firearm there. Quick access is more important down there. I think we'll have to get her a Fobus or something similar for our ranch trips.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Glad to hear she likes it as much as she does, and better still that she's very accurate with it. Did you get to give the pistol a twirl as well?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I didn't get to shoot it......too many people watching. ;)

I have a DAO one in 9mm, so besides a different action, I'm sure it shoots the same.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
From what I remember from the original discussion. The PINK ones were specially produced for Gander Mountain. There is a thread about it somewhere on the site.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I just saw two at Gander Mountain today.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The nearest Gander Mountain is 983 miles away from me here in WA. (Thornton, CO? I think the town was called.)

Anyhow, they said I can purchase it over the phone, they would then ship it to a FFL dealer in my area. So, now I just have to find an FFL dealer here willing to receive the shipment.

I am in SW Washington state, anyone have a recommended FFL dealer that will do this for a reasonable price?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
If there are any local gun shops, the usually will. Fees vary!

I know some guys in my area have not shop, but do FFL for various online sellers. Gander did not have a list??

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did not even think to ask them if they have a list.

I am getting a little ahead of myself anyhow. I've still got to show the pink gun to my wife, take her downtown and have her hold a (non-pink) Mill Pro to see if she likes how it feels in her hands before I purchase.

Thanks for all of the info, sorry for hijacking your thread.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For an FFL in your area, click the link below. You will need to fill in your zip code or state. Note that transfer fees vary......greatly. You will be worlds ahead by checking a few different ones.

My local pawn shop charges $15. One of the local gun shops charges $75 PLUS 15% of the value of the firearm. Do your research if you want to save some money.

LOL........I have to add the link

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

·
Registered
54 Posts
kingofwylietx said:
For an FFL in your area, click the link below. You will need to fill in your zip code or state. Note that transfer fees vary......greatly. You will be worlds ahead by checking a few different ones.

My local pawn shop charges $15. One of the local gun shops charges $75 PLUS 15% of the value of the firearm. Do your research if you want to save some money.

LOL........I have to add the link

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp
I use a guy in Allen-- he charges $15 per transfer, but gives a $5 each discount for NRA and CHL--

So for $5 I get all my transfers done through him-- well until my C&R arrives, then I will just use him for newer weapons...

Good guy though-- www.bigdaddysguns.com

·
Registered
109 Posts
kingofwylietx said:
Amy got to shoot her pink pistol while we were at the ranch. I would hate to have her putting sights on me, she was plinking like an expert. She only missed her first shot, then adjusted for sight picture. After that, she was dead on at 10-15 yards. I was quite impressed & she was too. Nothing reinforces a positive feeling for a firearm like being proficient with it.

The only negative was her holster. She didn't like it. It is a concealment holster, but an OWB is better at the ranch. There is no reason to conceal a firearm there. Quick access is more important down there. I think we'll have to get her a Fobus or something similar for our ranch trips.
I wish my wife would shoot. She has no interest at all. As a matter of fact she is afraid of guns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts