Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's cousin introduced her to the Walking Dead a couple of weeks ago. She has
now watched the first two seasons and is finishing up the third season I just bought
her as I speak. She has fallen in love with this show. I have offered to teach her how
to shoot all of my firearms in case of Zombie invasion and she is ready to learn. She
already has her CWP but there are quite a few of my guns she has never shot. I can't
wait to teach her how to use the Mossberg 500! I guess Season Four is next on my
shopping list. (she has a birthday next month)

I like the show enough to watch it but it hasn't infected me like it has Mrs. ncfarmer.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
My daughter is a WD fanatic. I can't get my wife to watch it with us.

Reactions: Drewski

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I watched about 6 shows from the first season and gave up on it.
Zombies are old hat.
Now Falling Skies is my thing.
Nothing like kicking alien butt!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Watched falling skies for the first 3 years. Got old.

Watched Revolution for the first two years....got old.

Watched 1 season of Walking Dead on Netflick ( ok, two days) got old.

I mean, it's like: "Oh no! Zombies...lets kill them but save bullets. Whew! We need a bath. Oh no...more zombies! Look- they killed Kenny!"

·
Super Moderator
13,808 Posts
...I mean, it's like: "Oh no! Zombies...lets kill them but save bullets. Whew! We need a bath. Oh no...more zombies! Look- they killed Kenny!"
I have never watched even a moment of WD, but instinct tells me you have summarized the entire show in just a few sentences. Thank you, scoutfish.

PS: I'm still not gonna watch it.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Watched falling skies for the first 3 years. Got old.

Watched Revolution for the first two years....got old.

Watched 1 season of Walking Dead on Netflick ( ok, two days) got old.

I mean, it's like: "Oh no! Zombies...lets kill them but save bullets. Whew! We need a bath. Oh no...more zombies! Look- they killed Kenny!"
As the show progresses, it becomes much less about zombies and much more about the loss of humanity. It's really good.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
This most recent season was head and shoulders above everything but perhaps S1. Hopefully they can keep the quality up this year.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Revolution. I watched the first 10 minutes of the first show and declared it crap.
They defied the laws of physics in it. Never watched it again.
BTW, it is cancelled after 2 seasons.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
As the show progresses, it becomes much less about zombies and much more about the loss of humanity. It's really good.

Wife watches it, so I get the background sound and then get to hear th

"After the show goes off- call all the freinds and say 'can you believe what just happened? OMG, I know , right!' "

So to add to it:

"I mean, it's like: "Oh no! Zombies...lets kill them but save bullets. Whew! We need a bath. Oh no...more zombies! Look- they killed Kenny!"

Look, other people in a compound! We are safe. Oh no...they tricked us! Let's feed them to the zombies before they feed us to the zombies or eat us because they are cannibals like the zombies!"

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Revolution. I watched the first 10 minutes of the first show and declared it crap.
They defied the laws of physics in it. Never watched it again.
BTW, it is cancelled after 2 seasons.

It went two sessions, then canceled, then brought back, almost got as good as the first 5 shows, then moved to Texas, then went double all to hell and I quit watching it.

As for seasons though, some shows have 4 seasons, some have 3, some have 2 and some only play during a non season ( Falling Skied during summer season break) ...so I really do have a hard time keeping count of what is a season.

I thin WD has two half seasons a year or something like that?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
WD 1st season was 6 episodes.
Then 12 or 13 for the next seasons.
I guess 6 episodes was to see if any interest in renewal.
Falling Skies is the same, 10 episodes/season, (4 was 12) but not half seasons where you get only a 6 month break in between.
FS ended in August and won't be back until June.
Season 5 is the last. 10 Episodes.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I watched a bit of season 1, . Just didn't trip my trigger. oh no! Zombies, everyone is dead except for a clueless click without the brains to hit pawn shop / gun stores for silenced pistol caliber carbines. and the whole global military went toes up without a fight. Uh, right.

And don't even get me started on the virulent mutagenic pathogen that is transfered by the slightest nibble, but getting splattered by blood gut and gore (across the face, eyes, mouth, etc) has no effect.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I watched a bit of season 1, . Just didn't trip my trigger. oh no! Zombies, everyone is dead except for a clueless click without the brains to hit pawn shop / gun stores for silenced pistol caliber carbines. and the whole global military went toes up without a fight. Uh, right.

And don't even get me started on the virulent mutagenic pathogen that is transfered by the slightest nibble, but getting splattered by blood gut and gore (across the face, eyes, mouth, etc) has no effect.

:rolleyes:
Calm down, its just a show! Lol

I do agree though. I would be doing things a lot different. So it does get annoying when the show makes no sense.

Creek

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I will warn you though, after all that binge watching, she's going to hate watching it with commercials and a week between episodes.
#aintThatTheTruth

1 - 20 of 31 Posts