Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll admit a certain weakness for odd, unusual, and sometimes just plain weird guns. I have a few left.

I sold the View, because I was offered a good price for it. I still have the Non-View, and found some great grips for it (after a bit of sanding.)

My wife got me a Bond Arms Bullpup for Christmas. It's about as odd as you can get and still be a functional firearm.

Yesterday, the Thunderstruck S333 I ordered came in. It's a double barreled .22 Magnum revolver. I haven't fired it yet, I'm too busy laughing at the looks of the thing. But hey, if we were rating just on looks, I'd be a total reject.

Finally, I will admit, I am the only person I know who bought a Zip gun. It's a totally weird .22 LR pistol. I'd describe it, but you're better off googling it for photos. No, I haven't shot it yet. In truth, I'm a bit leery of cocking it, since the cocking piece is SO NEAR the end of the barrel. But, it was fifty bucks new, and I have like ten gazillion 10/22 mags that it uses.

There are more in the back of the safe, I'm sure. I dig them out from time to time, and may list a couple on the auction sites. So I have fired, some I have fondled, and some I just look at and laugh.

It's a great time to be a gun owner.

·
Super Moderator
36,064 Posts
Growing up...I recall that a zip gun was made in the 'Hood by using a car antenna as a barrel...some of you may remember a car antenna...it was a silver tube that was affixed to the fender...you get the picture...:D

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video Lomax.:cool:

Reactions: Lomax

·
22,317 Posts
Okay, come on now Fred. You know how it works around here. We need pictures, especially of the non-View (I'll post mine below to get things started), the Bond, and the Thunderstruck (I always hear that name in AC-DC voice).

YsfBp8hJ_o.jpeg

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Here is a picture of a zip gun.... this one is mine so you are not the only one who bought one. :)

Don

Attachments

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Zip gun, that's a home made "unlicensed" illegal firearm? :eek:
Yea, let me post at pic lol

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah yes, the Vektor. Nice little gun. Too bad they stopped the importation.

Kinda reminds me of the old Wolverine.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah, here it is. 60 bucks off list because they couldn't sell the purple. I'd have gotten the pink, but it had little hearts and ponies or some such embossed on the plastic. This gun is a tack driver. I have two custom CZ 75 compacts and it is as accurate as those. Same magazines, too.

IMG_2585.JPG IMG_2585.JPG

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
Growing up...I recall that a zip gun was made in the 'Hood by using a car antenna as a barrel...some of you may remember a car antenna...it was a silver tube that was affixed to the fender...you get the picture...:D
I thought those were called “curb feelers” . . .
2400CE4C-0413-4E4C-8CF3-643A2B9E1B42.jpeg

Reactions: GhostHorse
1 - 20 of 23 Posts