Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over two years, 100+ chickens and Ducks, the world's smartest Bobcat screwed up. I've tried numerous traps, snares, and late nights waiting up for him to visit, and he has outsmarted me every step of the way. Last Friday night I forgot to close a door in my hen house and he hit - took away two hens and killed a third one. That left me with only six hens, down from 50 at the beginning of Spring. I used the left behind hen as hanging bait in a trap outside the hen house door, and he couldn't pass up the "free meal". My concern now is that he's the only one - my game cameras will tell me that. Needless to say, I'm one happy camper today !!!

·
8,537 Posts
I feel your frustration and glee. We lost 80% of our flock over a two year period to an old wise bobcat. I have posted about my resolution , but basically one evening saw that brazen beast walk right by my baited trap and into my sight range, dispatched him with two rounds from my TX22 ( its what I had on me ). A few days later a new cat decided to take over for the old one. Caught him posted up in the tall grass in my orchard, eyeing the few chickens we had left. Grabbed my 10/22 and put two rounds in him. Since then no more big cats...phew!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts