Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Just got a Taurus 992 after being told not to buy one, well except from one of my local gun shops. It was the gun I first wanted but seeing guns were hard to find I got a Smith & Wesson M&P22, what a piece of junk it seem to like only one kind of ammo which in my eyes is kind of lame. So I went and got the 992. It does have a problem with the .22lr casings sticking, and being super hard to eject. Would have to tap extractor with a hammer. Anyone else ever encounter this? I brought the cylinder to the shop that told me to buy a Taurus in the first place and even though I didn't get this gun from them seeing they couldn't get one they were willing to send it back to Taurus for me. I thought this was great seeing the shop that sold me the M&P told me that the take down lever being hard to take out was my problem and I would have to send it back. This being the same day I got it. Even with the sticky cylinder I love this gun. Already got a sweet Hogue grip for it. Well any way if ever you are in Crete,Illinois. Stop into Classic Guns in Crete,Illinois its not the biggest or fanciest shop but the guys are great and big fans of Taurus

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I had a similar problem with a 94S 5" it shot everything except CCI (I don't remember which offering from CCI) they were very difficult to eject. Simple solution - I stopped using those CCI rounds. I bought a 992S 4" on March 4 and I am still waiting for the PD paperwork so I can pick it up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The gun is new and it is tight.
I had the same problem with my M94. I actually used some 1000 emery paper on the edges of the chambers. Now and after a couple hundred rounds it doesn't do it.
Use it it will free up by itself, just takes time.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum! My first posts were on the 992. I got mine not quite a year ago and love it to death. CCI mini mags would definately stick in mine but not much else, from a brand standpoint. I'd recommend a search on the Taurus revolver sub forum for ways to polish and smooth out your cylinder. I used Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish on a bore mop chucked in a battery drill. Works very well. Looking forward to your range reports. It's a great wheelgun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts