Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a Ruger SR1911C ever since they hit the market. Back in February, I actually found one, but
passed on it, and that was the first and last I had seen in person. I was thinking of Gunbrokering one, but before I
did, I wanted to it my favorite gun-hunting grounds one more time. No go. Was just about to head home, when,
about a mile away from my last regular stop, I saw a sign that I'd never noticed before that said "Guns". It didn't
look very promising, but being a gun shop, I felt it my duty to stop. Talk about looks being deceiving, this place was
Awesome! Not only did they have my SR1911C in the case, they had 5 of them! Better yet, they were running a sale
on Rugers! Needless to say, I am the happy owner of a new SR1911 Commander!

This pistol does nothing but impress. Right out of the box, it had a nice, tight (but not too tight) frame to slide fit, an
action as smooth as butter, with a nice, crisp, 4lb trigger pull. On the first trip to the range with it, the very first 7rnds
through it gave me a 3" group at 15yds. It only improved from there. The standard SR1911 is an excellent gun, which
I would highly recommend. The SR1911C is everything the original is, but somehow, better, and more refined.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Jealous ...

I have been looking for one also.

Now if Ruger could come out with an SR45C, that would complete my set.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on a super-nice addition to your arsenal. :thumb:

Reactions: RichO

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
nice catch hope it does well for you

jhp

·
Registered
24,848 Posts
I have been looking for a Ruger SR1911C ever since they hit the market. Back in February, I actually found one, but
passed on it, and that was the first and last I had seen in person. I was thinking of Gunbrokering one, but before I
did, I wanted to it my favorite gun-hunting grounds one more time. No go. Was just about to head home, when,
about a mile away from my last regular stop, I saw a sign that I'd never noticed before that said "Guns". It didn't
look very promising, but being a gun shop, I felt it my duty to stop. Talk about looks being deceiving, this place was
Awesome! Not only did they have my SR1911C in the case, they had 5 of them! Better yet, they were running a sale
on Rugers! Needless to say, I am the happy owner of a new SR1911 Commander!

This pistol does nothing but impress. Right out of the box, it had a nice, tight (but not too tight) frame to slide fit, an
action as smooth as butter, with a nice, crisp, 4lb trigger pull. On the first trip to the range with it, the very first 7rnds
through it gave me a 3" group at 15yds. It only improved from there. The standard SR1911 is an excellent gun, which
I would highly recommend. The SR1911C is everything the original is, but somehow, better, and more refined.

Nice gun.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Second, hopefully its making taurus want to build one!
I'll place my order today for a Taurus compact 1911 sight unseen. I'll take one in any color.

Rich, great looking gun. Shoot it (often) in good health.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll place my order today for a Taurus compact 1911 sight unseen. I'll take one in any color.
Same here! I think Taurus really missed the boat on this one. If they ever do come out with one, I'll be camped out at my LGS'
front door until I get one! :D

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Congrats on the find!
I have seen 3 of them in these parts so far.
Typical Ruger workmanship in all the commanders and governments that i have seen so far<,very fair prices on the weapons as well!
I like the weapons as they have all the stuff that i like on a 1911 and not over the top.
I will likely end up with a government size eventually, i already have 3 commanders and a Defender size so the full size likely is the ticket for me.
I am holding off waiting hopefully thinking that RIA may produce thier new tactical II (now a 10MM) in the 38 Super!
if they do that is definitely my next 1911, if not the SR is near the front of the pack.
enjoy.

Reactions: RichO and oso

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
YES, olfarhors i want one of those RIA tac II in 10 mm also, heck you have so many i will take yours off your hands for a fair price. i would take a colt delta elite if i could find one. I may just have to build one, if the frames and slides are ever in stock.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Very nice. I will have a hard time deciding between a Ruger and a Taurus 1911 when the time comes.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Nice choice, I would love to have one in a Dou-tone finish.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
YES, olfarhors i want one of those RIA tac II in 10 mm also, heck you have so many i will take yours off your hands for a fair price. i would take a colt delta elite if i could find one. I may just have to build one, if the frames and slides are ever in stock.
She is a sweet shooter OSO!
IF RIA would come out in a 38 Super with the same features as the 10MM i would be all over it in a heratbeat, exactly what i would want in a 1911 38 super, adjustable sights, fully ramped/supported barrel, and all the other goodies!
MY gunshop /Range just got in 3 of the RIA 10MM last week, but by the time you paid FFL and shipping then it would be 700 bucks or so.
they do ship i believe however.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Very nice. I will have a hard time deciding between a Ruger and a Taurus 1911 when the time comes.
Don't know how prices are in your part of Georgy Codegeek but here the Ruger Sr1911 is selling at 699.99 and the Taurus PT1911 in stainless is selling at 629.99.
not that far apart!
course the Rugers are a lot harder to find in stock.

Reactions: vonzipper

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
She is a sweet shooter OSO!
IF RIA would come out in a 38 Super with the same features as the 10MM i would be all over it in a heratbeat, exactly what i would want in a 1911 38 super, adjustable sights, fully ramped/supported barrel, and all the other goodies!
MY gunshop /Range just got in 3 of the RIA 10MM last week, but by the time you paid FFL and shipping then it would be 700 bucks or so.
they do ship i believe however.
The shop I stopped at before the one that yielded me the commander had just put a Tac II 10mm in the case. What a fine piece of
firepower! I've wanted a 10mm since back when the Delta Elite's first came out. I was actually very close to buying it, and calling it
a day, but in the end, the same reason I never got a Delta stopped me... the availability/price of ammo. I've added this one to my
wish list... hopefully when reloading supplies get back to some kind of normalcy, I'll bring one home.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
The shop I stopped at before the one that yielded me the commander had just put a Tac II 10mm in the case. What a fine piece of
firepower! I've wanted a 10mm since back when the Delta Elite's first came out. I was actually very close to buying it, and calling it
a day, but in the end, the same reason I never got a Delta stopped me... the availability/price of ammo. I've added this one to my
wish list... hopefully when reloading supplies get back to some kind of normalcy, I'll bring one home.
Yep! the 10MM isn't as bad as the 38 Super, at least here!
You can buy factory reloads in range ammo -180 gr. F/P at 23.00 per box of 50, but factory new ammo is like 40 bucks a box and self defense ammo runs you near a 1.50 per round-usually 20-25 rounds per box.
the 38 Super you simply can't find!
OF course if you reload the 10MM is near the same price as 40 S &W and the 38 super the same as 9MM, which is cheap for both.
I have been quite smitten with this RIA 10 MM, a 38 super in this gun would be like my Santa Claus wish!
Course now a 38 Super in a SR1911 wouldn't be bad either--Like that will ever happen!-LOL

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts