Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
35,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range today, and got to shoot my son's new PT1911. Looks just like this one:

I forgot how tight they are right out of the box, but it shot great and was loosening up nicely toward the end of the day. He's as proud as a peacock and kept thanking me for the recommendation. He was split between a Rock Island, a Springfield, and the Taurus. I think he got a whole lot of gun for what he paid. ;)

·
Administrator
40,861 Posts
Your son has excellent taste. Looks just like mine! :thumb:

·
Administrator
35,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must say, the stainless has a really spiffy look to it. I may need to invest in another one soon, just to see what all the fuss is about. ;)

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Very nice! I am hoping to add one to the stable soon. Almost bought one the other day, but couldn't get the LGS to budge on the $799
asking price.

·
Administrator
35,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention.....he got his for $650. I thought that was a pretty good price all things considered.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,679 Posts
I have one just like that!! Well... maybe not *just* like that (doing my best Hank Kimball)

Mine now has a single side safety, extended slide release, S & A magwell and checkered Caspian wood grips.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
very nice Warning though once you get the first you will find they dont like being an only child so you are always adding another 1911 to the family
jhp

1 - 16 of 16 Posts