Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few negative topics lately so I thought I'd turn the tables.

I just wanted to take a moment to say that I really like my little MilPro.

I like the trigger a lot in SA and DA is somewhat mediocre. It's been somewhat reliable I must say as well.

Thinking happy thoughts. :)

I also had a PT945 that I talk about occasionally and I do miss. I liked the trigger on it a good deal. The SA trigger pull was absolutely LOVE! :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Great to hear Flyer! :) I'll add to the thread by saying how much I enjoy my PT92 -- it's a handsome, rugged and reliable shooter that fits my hand perfectly. Ditto for the safety and slide release. They almost seem custom tailored for my thumb. With the addition of the Hogue rubber grips it's even nicer still. I love this pistol. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have owned several dozen Taurus pistols over the years (since 1981) and have never, ever had a single problem. most of my collection is Taurus made, with atleast 4 more pistols on my list to buy as soon as they come out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll chip in also. I have a M85, a 605 SSCH and 2 PT1911's all have been perfect and they fit the purpose I intended for them at about 1/2 the price if I had bought the NAME BRANDS, so I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have 3 taurus pistols, 24/7 in 45 acp, pt140 pro, pt908, the 908 came used and i haven't spent much time with it to comment on, but my 5 gallon bucket of brass probably has about 3" worth that are from the other two, still 0 failures of any type. would like to get a pt 145 pro someday.

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK, I'll play.

Taurus PT92 with over 10K through it, great gun.

PT145 Pro SS with 1400 through it, my CC and HD gun.

PT1911 with about 400 through it, 1st 1911 and I love it, thank god I didn't drink the Kimber Koolaid, got two guns for what I planned on spending on a 1911.

The 92 is the only one that has had any failures and they were few and very far between (less than ten, maybe as few as five). I don't know anyone with a pistol with 10K that has had no malfunctions so the few don't bother me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I must aggree. I have a PT-92SS(a real work horse)10,000 rounds and the only FTF was my own fault(my press messed up and squibed a few). We also have two M-85UL's great carry pieces, my wife carries one and the other is my BUG. My main carry gun is my new PT-145, more than 500 rounds and no problems, my wife wants one also but she says "for Christmas", that means I can't go to the gun store :( LOL. I also just got a PT-1911 I can tell that will be another work horse, I plan on using it for IDPA so you can guess I like my Taurus firearms.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Lets hold hands, now everyone repeat... "Coombuya.. Coombuya..." Oh, sorry, where were we again?

I presently have a PT145 and it is an awesome little gun. Never a problem. Until recently, I had a 605 snubnose and it also was a great gun with never a problem.

So, I am two-for-two.

Todd

·
Administrator
18,164 Posts
3 for 3.......and counting! Could there be another Taurus yet for my collection? Stay tuned.

It all started with a PT92, then a PT908, and then a PT945. All have been keepers! Taurus just keeps coming out with new designs I would consider owning. Hard to choose sometimes!

PT92, PT908, and PT945

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a 24/7 and really wish I had kept it. I had a couple of revolvers over the years that had problems but Taurus fixed both of them in quick time and sent them back to me with no issues at all. I've seen people over at THR bad mouthing Taurus's customer service and my first reaction is to think these people jave been acting like jerks themselves or something right off the bat. I had no problems with Taurus's c.s. at all. I love my Millennium Pro. Easily concealable, extremely light weight, has a safety, something the Glocks, XDs, Kahrs, Walthers, etc don't have. The Tauruses in general have more options to fit anyone's budget or needs than any of the other makers IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts