Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new work bench 100 bucks off at Harbor Freight. I've been eyeing this thing, finally got it. I clamp my press, which ever one i wish to use, into the vice and clamp down with quick clamps. Works great! Behind it folded against the wall is the portable bench I can also still use. My lead pot is on the left, supplies cabinet is above with a light below it. The Lee turret is chucked up on the table and the Dillon SD lays below the bench on the shelf.

53mqfo.jpg

Wheel around in the chair and this is the view out onto my range. The pic is kinda bad and the backstop to the range is obscured by light, but it's about 40 yards behind the window. I set up the chronograph and shoot 25 yard targets for groups. :D This is a cool deal for load development. No more driving to the range and testing, then coming home to load another step up. I can do it all right here at the bench. My rifle range is on another part of the place, have to walk about 70 yards to the shooting bench. For testing accuracy at 100 yards, I have to use the rifle range, but for pistols, I just shoot out this slot. :D I have a piece of plyboard I can clamp down when I want a more steady rest for long guns.

1zm2mh5.jpg

I'm going to set up for some more .45ACP reloading today. No testing, though, but I'll likely shoot some later.....or sooner. :D

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
You have made a lot of us very jealous. Very nice.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Yup...........that's the same bench I am using.
Picked it up last year for the obligatory $100 off and it has worked out great.
I left off the vise and I am using 4 of the existing holes to bolt down my press so it has worked out perfectly.
I have mine in a spare bedroom so I laid down a 4X8 sheet of 1/2" plywood over the carpet and then bolted the table to the
plywood. It's now nice and stable. Even the drawers are felt lined. Add beer and the world is perfect.
Neat little loading bench for not much money.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice setup.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Looks Familiar!!

I'm still putting my space back together after FINALLY putting the HF bench together. It sat away from the wall due to the 30's basement design SO I added on more space at the rear. Small parts and an open back are NOT a good match.

I keep most supplies out of site and only 1 powder comes out at a time.

I'm still re-configuring WHILE I load at the speed of Sand Lake!!! :D

Just ordered some new .223 bullets that should add some fun to the weekend SS-109s that make the Federal XM855 round! Pew-pew!!

No shooting out windows for me - I'd be SWATTED in minutes!!!
*jealous!!

bench 0115.jpg

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very nice.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Nice! Here Is Mine....

.357 deer loads 007.jpg

·
Super Moderator
36,055 Posts
I was talking with my BIL just this morning and said how nice it would be to be able to step out of the door and test fire recipes!

Envious? You BET !!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Which HF bench did you buy, item#93454 or item#69054? They look the same but are different manufacturers, I believe.

I assume I can put a nice size vise on it too.

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which HF bench did you buy, item#93454 or item#69054? They look the same but are different manufacturers, I believe.

I assume I can put a nice size vise on it too.
Hell, I don't know, whatever they gave me. LOL I had a cuupon from an "American Rifleman".

Yeah, plenty of room for a vice.

Reactions: GreenWolf70

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Nice setup :thumb:

Mine's in my garage. I have to drive to the range to test my reloads, lest my neighbors have a cow.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Well I ordered one and now I guess my wife is happy. I had been using one of her antique tables, so she gets it back now.

·
Banned
860 Posts
I hate it when everything is neatly put in it's place and you can find it............I can't show you my bench, it's too embarrassing.

I just noticed that old press in the lower left. I have one just like it I use for 300 Winchester Magnums. I even have some spare parts for mine. I won't need them though because that press will never wear out. I did get an adapter to use regular shell holders for mine.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
My word!!! You guys with pics of your bench are either married or neat freaks!!! LOL Might think about turning in your man cards! Jeez!!

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
When one bench gets too cluttered to use, I just buy another and put it in another room! LOL

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Great job..:thumb:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Nice! MIne us under renovation / Relocation :(
I am closing in my garage, and putting a putting in a 2x4 & plywood work area against one wall. Still ironing our the layout in my head. Backboard will be peg-board. where I will hang fishing rods, lower shelves will hold knives bowyer tools, and arkansas stones. One side of table will have reloading press. Somewhere in there I just gotta mount some speakers so that Garth Books can join me in there. Also going to paint a design on the peg-board. Thinking about this: (just Ms. Belle & Maybe the lettering, can't decide.) Short of Ms Belle, it won't be fancy. And my Ms. Belle will be a Brunette. (That is "IF" I can paint a Belle I can live with - Paint and charcoal aren't the same things!)

View attachment 109476
FYI:....Bowyering is making archery bows

Reactions: Sekol
1 - 20 of 55 Posts