Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited, I have an excellent condition but used PT92 (approximately 1990) coming in the mail to me today!! Any recommendations where to get extra mags and replacement parts? I'm worried about the block that seems to break on everyones, I'm going to see if I can't get another but it's my understanding they can only be had from the factory. There are hardly ANY Taurus dealers here in Canada so parts are definetly going to be something I will worry about but still I'm excited and can't wait to just get my hands on my new acquisition!

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Congratulations on your "New to You" PT92! Mine is a little younger than yours by a couple of years, but is probably more used! For Magazines, I recommend the 17 round Mec-Gar Magazines from CDNN. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taurus.html

As for the Locking Block Issue, see my post regarding that subject in the FAQ section of this Forum. Unfortunately, at this time, I do not have a source for the Improved Beretta Locking Blocks, I recommend.

Happy and Safe Shooting! ;D :shooter:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Whhooo Hooo..congrats....Dude... :yipee: doesn't it stink having to wait for something..they say it makes it better when you get it...i say "BULL PUCKEY" i want it now :guns: :devil: :clap:

·
Registered
19 Posts
jwc007, you can order locking blocks from Beretta directly by going to their website. I ordered a kit which included a new recoil spring, the new style locking block and the matching plunger which is a slightly different design for around $58.00.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jwc007 said:
As for the Locking Block Issue, see my post regarding that subject in the FAQ section of this Forum. Unfortunately, at this time, I do not have a source for the Improved Beretta Locking Blocks, I recommend.
Are you sure if I get the kit Los Adaes mentions with the new (third generation) Beretta locking block it will work with my PT92 AF?? Is there any resources on how to replace the locking block yourself? Oh and snap caps, it's not "okay" to dry fire my PT92? Where do I get snap caps??

Thanks, I am just trying to be proactive!!

Tim.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tim, I don't know if the new style locking block will work on a PT92. I ordered it for one of my older Berettas, I did want to point out that the new locking block does use a different plunger and must replace the old one. Beretta also sells their brand 9mm snapcaps on their website.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Thanks much for the info, Los Adaes!

I have what might be a Second Generation Beretta 92 Improved Locking Block in my PT92, as it works very well with the current Taurus Plunger. Changing out a Plunger is not a big deal, as you simply drive out the retention pin and replace it, then drive back in the retention pin. And yes, the Barrels between the Beretta and Taurus Pistols, are one of the few parts that are interchangeable.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase Timothy. When you have the time, perhaps you can post some pictures of your new-to-you, PT92? Pics of firearms are greatly appreciated around here. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tim, I looked on their website and I couldn't find them either! I received some ordered/received some earlier this year, guess they may be out of stock? My next best guess would be to check with Brownell, they carry an extensive line of accessories.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well, did it get to you and have you taken it to the range and shot it yet? You're gonna love it! :???: :)

Jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took it to the range, shoots like a DREAM! Never fired a 9mm before so this was nice, surprisingly low recoil in comparison to my Glock 22 .40

Does anyone have specific tips on cleaning, oiling, lubricating?? The original owners manual with warranty card came with it but there was no information on oiling it and lubricating it. The finish is a little scuffed and I really want to preserve it exactly the way it is. Also I want to make sure where the slide meets the frame that it's all well lubricated as to avoid any friction or excessive wear that could harm the long-term life of my PT92. I want this to be the one I give to my kids one day!

Tim.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Beretta's barrel and locking block will work in Taurus...

As for cleaning the gun; just make sure the slide and frame rails are lubricated and so are the locking block 'rails'. Also make sure the outside of the barrel (near the muzzle) has a light coat of oil on it as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
congratulations for sure your going to love it like the way i love my pt92 af.... Happy shooting....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts